Lose 129 if I spit in the wind...DIRT team or call it in

Littlbob44

Original poster
I'm new in here, I was explaining my problem to a friend the other day and he said he uses this forum site to get help.
In the last few weeks, we began to experience signal loss, which we first noticed when we couldn't watch the local news on a cloudy day. We've had Dish since 04, and usually it takes a pretty fierce storm for us to even experience a blip in our programming.
I went to point dish in the menu, and discovered that we were down to 10-12 signal strength on 129, while 110 and 119 remained over 70. When the channels came back, I looked again and we were only at 20 signal with clear skies.
I don't doubt that it has something to do with the growth of the trees across the road over the years, both my dishes point across the top of them. My question is, can I get this fixed without a pricey service call? Or am I better off trying to move the dish myself? I'm no good on the ladder, so I'm hoping that's not the case :)
thanks for any advice,
Bob

Yes try that first, but I am leaning toward trees being it has been there that long and you are in PA, 129 is kinda low.

I'm new in here, I was explaining my problem to a friend the other day and he said he uses this forum site to get help.
In the last few weeks, we began to experience signal loss, which we first noticed when we couldn't watch the local news on a cloudy day. We've had Dish since 04, and usually it takes a pretty fierce storm for us to even experience a blip in our programming.
I went to point dish in the menu, and discovered that we were down to 10-12 signal strength on 129, while 110 and 119 remained over 70. When the channels came back, I looked again and we were only at 20 signal with clear skies.
I don't doubt that it has something to do with the growth of the trees across the road over the years, both my dishes point across the top of them. My question is, can I get this fixed without a pricey service call? Or am I better off trying to move the dish myself? I'm no good on the ladder, so I'm hoping that's not the case :)
thanks for any advice,
Bob

Hi and :welcometo Sat guys. I am sorry that you are having a problem with your 129 satellite signal. If the problem is with the trees across the way, sending a DISH technician will not be able to resolve the issue. If moving the dish to another location is possible, our technician can assist with that. If you would like to PM me your name, account or phone number and the 4 digit security code on the account, i can see if we can get a technician out to your home. please let me know, thank you!