Lose connection to 129 alot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
The last week ive been having a hell of a time staying connected to 129. At first I thought it was the wind blowing the tree in the way, so I cut it waay back. Still cuts out, went and checked the mounting screws, got maybe 1 full rotation out of the screw, still cuts out. I have a clear path in front of my dish so I dunno what else it could be. I'm curious if anyone else is having problems staying connected to 129. Thanks

Did you check the connections? Inside the LNB, the ground block, etc. It could be a lose connection. You can also disconnect the connectors and inspect them inside for water or corrosion.

Good one Garypen! It seems like "lose" and "loose" are interchanged at will. They are probably one of the most commonly confused pair of words used in forums and blogs on the internet--at least it seems like that to me because their misuse sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Last edited:
The one that drives me the craziest is when people write "would of", instead of "would have" or "would've". It's especially annoying because the phrase "would of" makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, it's not "walla" people! It's "voila"!

Oops. That was just a wee bit off topic.

if the mount moved before you tightened the screw, it will continue to lose signal. pulling gently up down,left and right on the dish while communicating with someone at the point dish screen looking at the 129 signal will tell you if it is out of alignment, and which direction it needs to go.

K I checked all the connections...on the splitters, everything was tight, at the dish, i got maybe 1/2 a turn on the 2 connections. I tried wiggling the dish as hard as I could without tweaking it, and it didn't lose signal. The only time it would was if I put something in the way of the dish, but wiggling it around, did nothing. I also ran the diagnostics and got all the numbers out of it and had quite a few 0's listed on 129, is that bad? Its listed as green, so I dunno. Heres the info from the two tests.

Orb: 14 15 16 21
110: 58 56 60 58
119: 50 54 51 53
126: 0 36 0 48

Orb: 14 15 16 21
110: 55 54 57 55
119: 48 52 50 52
129: 0 34 0 52

dont wiggle the dish to lose signal, move it GENTLY to see it it raises...
anyway, you can still get green on the diagnostics screen even if the signal is half what is should be.
many numbers will be zero, as not all transponders and spotbeams will be in use for your location.
do you have 2 receivers?, those numbers vary a lot.
when you say you lose connection, what does that mean exactly?
does it go to the acquiring signal screen?
is there pixelation?
what kind of dish do you have? what kind of lnb?

I am in fresno, california. Yes I have 2 receivers. When I lose signal I get the acquiring signal screen. It'll be on for a couple seconds, and then goes away. If it doesn't go to the acquiring signal screen, it'll pixelate very badly, and then go back to normal. I have a dish 1000 and for lnb, I don't know what it is, just has 3 "receivers/transponders?" on it.

if its a 1000 and not a 1000.2, those smaller dishes are tough to get an optimum signal on 129.
but, there are a lot of other things that can cause these symptoms, including cable. sub-par cable, bent or damaged cable, low frequency (white) wallplates or barrels, corroded connections, can all cause these problems. if its doing this on both receivers though, i would suspect the dish may be out of align.

I just had it installed maybe 5 weeks ago, all new cable was run to each room. how do i know if its a .2?

if it was installed this year, it's definately not and older 1000 dish. i would just call dish and have it aimed or checked over. seeing that it is so new, if they want to charge you for a service call, just be straight with them 'hey, its new, its not supposed to be messing up already.'
you can aslo ask for 'a one time courtesy' - dish network speak for a yearly free call.
you deserve a good signal

OMG...their tech support is garbage....the dumb girl Andrea told me that because it was a sporadic message and it wasn't popping up as I was on the phone with her, she couldn't help me. I even told her it was error 015 because I've seen it all damn evening, but it didn't matter because it wasn't on the screen at that exact moment. Utter crap. So, I went out and tried to get my signal stronger, but it still cuts out. I got it from 37 to 48 percent on 129, and 110 and 119 are at 66% now, but I can't get it any better than that. I dunno wtf....this is stupid.

OMG...their tech support is garbage....the dumb girl Andrea told me that because it was a sporadic message and it wasn't popping up as I was on the phone with her, she couldn't help me. I even told her it was error 015 because I've seen it all damn evening, but it didn't matter because it wasn't on the screen at that exact moment. Utter crap. So, I went out and tried to get my signal stronger, but it still cuts out. I got it from 37 to 48 percent on 129, and 110 and 119 are at 66% now, but I can't get it any better than that. I dunno wtf....this is stupid.
well thats certainly better.
i dunno...if you still get signal loss. call em back and tell them it doesnt work at all...

I called back and talked to a guy named Leslie, helluva better tech. Got a tech scheduled to come out on thursday to re-point the dish.

sweet...guy came out today and showed me what my problem was...there was 3 branches that were swaying into the way. I didn't trim them back because they were more up than out, so I didn't think they would interfere, but once I cut them, the signal shot up almost 20%!!

sweet...guy came out today and showed me what my problem was...there was 3 branches that were swaying into the way. I didn't trim them back because they were more up than out, so I didn't think they would interfere, but once I cut them, the signal shot up almost 20%!!

Things can be deceiving when you are trying to look at a Dish 1000 to see exactly where it is "looking" at. You have to remember the offset LNBs then remember that it is looking at 3 satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)