Loss of all Even Transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barbindr

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and need help. I have a SuperDish with a DP34 switch and DP311 receivers and I have lost all my even transponders on Sat 119 & 110, 105 shows all. When I do a switch test it says, sat verified but only shows odd transponders. I have 3 receivers and it happens on all three any ideas? It just started doing this in the last 2wks. I've had this system setup for about 31/2 years. To get them to come back I have to 1st set the dish pointing to 119 transponder 11 then do a switch test and pwr off the receiver and up plug the receiver from pwr and waite for about an hour. Turn everyting back on and 119 even transponders come back, however once I select a channel that uses an odd transponder the evens don't work anymore. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dean

I'm not familiar with describing Sat parts. I have a SuperDish with DP twin lnbf & a third lnbf I guess its for local channels going to a dp34 switch from the switch to 3 receivers (DP311). I made sure the connectiions on the input of the switch were hand tighten as well as the output side. What should I look for as far as the integerity of the cable ?

tx,
Dean

Loss of even transponders is typically a cable/connector problem.

With DishPro equipment (which you have), even transponders are sent using 1650-2150MHz (odd is on 950-1450). Corrosion and other issues are going to affect even transponders first. It IS a bit unusual for you to lose evens on two birds at the same time.

If you've got another suitable (RG-6 with compression fittings) cable handy, you could try swapping that in, but it's likely you need to place a service call.

Thanks for you reply. Last night I did place a service call after some troubleshooting. I used a barrel connector and bi- passed the DP34 switch on Sat 119 and it didn't change the problem. I think your right I may have some cable problems.

Same Problem

I have the same pretty much the same setup as previous person. The only difference is I have 3 510 DVR Recievers and all of them have been working without issue for 2 years or more. I have checked all wiring and it is ok and have also replaced the dp34 switch. So far no change I get ODD on at least 2 of the 3 Satelites and at times it will show an X or All on 110. Currently all 3 are showing ODD. The signal strength is still in the green for all satelites.

Is it possible for the LNB's to be bad?

YES it is most likely what is causing your problem. I had the same problem a few weeks back and it was the dishpro plus twin. Replaced it and no more problem. This was after I replaced all the wiring and redug the trench to put the new coaxes and replaced all the seperators , diplexors, and even my ota antenna and repeaked my dish. It was the lnb the whole time.

Udate to orginal post. I tech replaced the LNBF for Sat 119 and I now have even & odd transponders. So it was the LNBF after all.

TX,
Dean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts