Loss of channels and HD

Jim Henry

Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
SW Indiana
Hi
New to this forum. Need advice.

I used to have basic DISH with antenna but antenna broke in storm so I got upgraded version of DISH with DVR and local channels. Still have basic package but not happy at all that I have lost all local substations, including My TV, THIS and RTV and local weather from Evansville, IN. Also a loss a local station that is a American One affiliate.

Also It appears that the local stations are not coming in HD. If this is true then I am getting much less from my local channels then what I got with free TV. The tech said he did a scan but the dish could not get the substations

Is this how it all works?

What receiver do you have?

If it is an HD receiver,which you will need in order to get the OTA subchannels, then is the antenna connected to the receiver?

You will need the antenna in order to get the OTA subchannels.

Dish doesn't get all of the substations you're talking about. You need to fix your antenna if you want them.

I have the DISH HD receiver and a HD TV. No longer have antenna and the local channels no longer appear to look as sharp or appear to be HD anymore.

Unless Dish offers your locals in HD you are going to need to fix your antenna. If you want the sub-channels then you are going to have to fix the antenna as Dish usually only carries the Big 4 networks in HD in most markets. The Dish HD receivers have an ATSC tuner built in or if it is a K series receiver they have a tuner slot for an add on over the air tuner cartridge. You will need to connect your antenna to the Dish receiver and scan for locals if you want them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)