LOST HD Absolute with Vacation Pause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Train99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
NE Ohio
I lost my HD Absolute by puting my account on vacation pause. when I returned and tried to resume service I was told there is no way to add the package back.
anyone else having this problem?

It appears that they treated your vacation pause like a standard disconnect of your programming package, which explains why you can't get absolute back. That package has since been replaced with the Turbo HD Tiers. Too bad you didn't know that ahead of time, might have been worth just keeping your old programming. :cool:

Email CEO to complain. They should be able to fix it. Doing that without warning you first is unacceptable. A vacation pause is just that, a pause; not a disconnection.

Low down dirty spin of a rule. Would have been nice to tell you first.

Thanks for the heads up.................they are not going to get me off HD Absolute that way.

Did you try the old CSR roulette trick?

Yes tried six or seven times

How long was the pause?

There should have been a warning, but I don't think this is unreasonable of Dish. To me, a vacation pause is discontinuing service, particularly since you are only usually pausing it for a several weeks or more.

How long was the pause?

There should have been a warning, but I don't think this is unreasonable of Dish. To me, a vacation pause is discontinuing service, particularly since you are only usually pausing it for a several weeks or more.

Paused Service for 3 months

Where is Vacation Pause in the service description? Never heard of that.

I know others that pause service with direct Tv. when you get back, call and resume service. five miniuts later your watching tv. so I called E and ask if they offered this service. Thay said yes, You just pay a fee to keep your account active plus the DVR Rental. Call when You get back and we resume your service. I belive you can pause up to 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)