Lost HDMI picture with 622

V

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 11, 2005
Software L355
Dual tuner mode

Well, in addition to spontaneous rebooting, I now have no picture with my HDMI cable.
There is a picture with no component video and the problem isn't with the HDMI cable because my DVD player also has HDMI hookup and I have no problem a picture on the player using the same cable.
I called tech support and after a few soft reboots and a hard reboot, they recommended I contact the person who initially installed the Dish box. To be honest I don't think they'll be of much help. I think the problem is with the box.
Before I call the installer, does anyone have any additional recommendations or ideas I can try?

Thanks,
Dave

G

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
are you saying there is never a picture with hdmi connection or you lose it now and then ? If you are losing it, then one suggestion was to unplug and replug the hdmi - it sort of resynched them.
If you are getting no picture at all i would agree this sounds like a bad 622. I would call back and try the hd tech support people.

V

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 11, 2005
The 622 was working fine until tonight when I turned on the TV and discovered I had no picture with the HDMI cable. It's no picture at all times with the HDMI cable.
I tried using a different HDMI cable, doing a soft and hard reboot, but to no avail.
I spoke to an HD tech and they were no help at all. After trying all the obvious solutions she suggested I call the installer who installed the Dish and have them look at it.
I agree and think I have a bad box. I called them two weeks ago when I was having problems with the 622 freezing and rebooting itself.
They seem real reluctant to issue replacement boxes.

J

jasonbonz

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 25, 2006
Kansas City, MO
I would call Dish HD Support again. I called an complained several times about picture and sound loss. They are sending me a new 622.

R

robob

SatelliteGuys Family
May 10, 2006
Videomax said:
The 622 was working fine until tonight when I turned on the TV and discovered I had no picture with the HDMI cable. It's no picture at all times with the HDMI cable.
I tried using a different HDMI cable, doing a soft and hard reboot, but to no avail.
I spoke to an HD tech and they were no help at all. After trying all the obvious solutions she suggested I call the installer who installed the Dish and have them look at it.
I agree and think I have a bad box. I called them two weeks ago when I was having problems with the 622 freezing and rebooting itself.

Mine is black on HDMI after 3 days. You get a resolution? Scary that they do not want to take care of the customer. I went through several LD phone calls to the corp office in order to get my install date moved up because I was loosing the video on my 942 and they would not swap the 942 because I had an open call with an install date! Pathetic.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

G

gutter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 26, 2004
Videomax said:
You must be insistant that you want a full functioning box with all the outputs working. That's what you paid and are paying for every month. If they don't help...call again and again and again.