Lost HDMI picture with 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Software L355
Dual tuner mode

Well, in addition to spontaneous rebooting, I now have no picture with my HDMI cable.
There is a picture with no component video and the problem isn't with the HDMI cable because my DVD player also has HDMI hookup and I have no problem a picture on the player using the same cable.
I called tech support and after a few soft reboots and a hard reboot, they recommended I contact the person who initially installed the Dish box. To be honest I don't think they'll be of much help. I think the problem is with the box.
Before I call the installer, does anyone have any additional recommendations or ideas I can try?

Thanks,
Dave

are you saying there is never a picture with hdmi connection or you lose it now and then ? If you are losing it, then one suggestion was to unplug and replug the hdmi - it sort of resynched them.
If you are getting no picture at all i would agree this sounds like a bad 622. I would call back and try the hd tech support people.

The 622 was working fine until tonight when I turned on the TV and discovered I had no picture with the HDMI cable. It's no picture at all times with the HDMI cable.
I tried using a different HDMI cable, doing a soft and hard reboot, but to no avail.
I spoke to an HD tech and they were no help at all. After trying all the obvious solutions she suggested I call the installer who installed the Dish and have them look at it.
I agree and think I have a bad box. I called them two weeks ago when I was having problems with the 622 freezing and rebooting itself.
They seem real reluctant to issue replacement boxes.

Videomax said:
The 622 was working fine until tonight when I turned on the TV and discovered I had no picture with the HDMI cable. It's no picture at all times with the HDMI cable.
I tried using a different HDMI cable, doing a soft and hard reboot, but to no avail.
I spoke to an HD tech and they were no help at all. After trying all the obvious solutions she suggested I call the installer who installed the Dish and have them look at it.
I agree and think I have a bad box. I called them two weeks ago when I was having problems with the 622 freezing and rebooting itself.

Mine is black on HDMI after 3 days. You get a resolution? Scary that they do not want to take care of the customer. I went through several LD phone calls to the corp office in order to get my install date moved up because I was loosing the video on my 942 and they would not swap the 942 because I had an open call with an install date! Pathetic.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Videomax said:
You must be insistant that you want a full functioning box with all the outputs working. That's what you paid and are paying for every month. If they don't help...call again and again and again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)