This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lost KYW channel 3 Philadelphia

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
KYW channel 3 (CBS) Philadelphia dropped off the antenna a couple of days ago. Multiple rescans don't find it although all other channels (63) are found. Apparently, according to their website, they are still on the air but I no longer receive them. Anybody else notice a problem?

Looks like they may be operating on an STA until they get their main transmitter operational again-

Under that data I see DTV-STA had an expiration date of 11/13/2019 which is right about when I lost reception but I'm not sure exactly what that means?

Here is their official reply. It does not explain why I could receive their signal perfectly until 11/13 when it suddenly disappeared.

No problem here in Western NJ, about 40 miles from Philly. We are a couple of hundred feet above sea level so that helps. Hope you get it back soon.

The person I was communicating with gave me the email address of the engineer so we'll see what he has to say. Doing this in the middle of football season wasn't well thought out.

Reactions: FTA4PA
The person I was communicating with gave me the email address of the engineer so we'll see what he has to say. Doing this in the middle of football season wasn't well thought out.

They don't care it is Football season, they have a job to do lol...

From what they're telling me they're getting complaints about it. The problem is they're the Eagles local affiliate and Eagles fans can get just a wee bit testy when they can't get the game. Remember, these are the fans that threw snowballs at Santa.

Reactions: charlesrshell