Low signal from 110 sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stingsplash

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Hi all,

I bought the Dish 500 Pro equipment and installed it with a 322 box (not my first picnic installing DBS :) )

However, I'm getting some low signals from the 110 sat that don't really seem to improve with fine tuning.

For TP 11 on sat 119, I'm up in the 70s or 80s (That seems to be as high as I can get it.) When I look at TP 11 on 110, it's in the 30's or 40s. Is that a weak TP for the 110 sat? I ask b/c I see they recommend aiming 119 on TP11, but don't offer a similar transponder suggestion for 110.

Any advice as to which TP I should try to fine-tune 110 on? I'm assuming that if I can get the best TP on 110 up to the 80-range, and the others remain low, there's nothing I can do about it...just weak TPs?

I'm located in Connecticut. Trees are definitely not an issue.

Thanks

Check your mounting pole for plumb on BOTH N/S and W/E axis, verify skew and elevation per tables provided and re-peak. I use TP2/12239MHz for first pass peak, then find the lowest signal TP on 119 and second pass peak. IMO, when you have your hardware plumb and the skew/elevation per tables, you're 95% there.

Also, you may want to check your coax and fittings for clean and tight connections if not done so already.

I am not sure about the signal scale on that receiver, but I would think you should get 70s+ on the large majority of TPs from your location.

Good luck!

Last edited:
FYI for anyone that was following this thread...

I re-checked plumb each way and did all the usual fine-tune steps to no avail.

I was getting occasional "Check Switch" errors, but it worked fine 99% of the time. I thought that my long runs (~ 200 ft) may be causing it.

But when I was getting that error, and tested the switch, it would say "Good connection - No signal" for the 110 sat....which led me to believe the dish needed pointing. (119 was good on both ports, even and odd).

Yesterday, without changing anything else, I put a spare DP 500 LNB I had onto the dish. Went back in the house to check, and all of my 110 sat signals went up 30 points! My 119 signals went up 8-10, so those are now in the 80s/90s. :up

It looks like the LNB was the problem after all. I'm going to try and fine tune a little more, because with my line of sight, there's no reason why I can't get more (Yes, I'm greedy :) )

Thanks to all that responded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)