Low signal on 61.5

borealis

Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Elkins, WV
Worked on installing a 1000.4 eastern arc this week end. My first experience with that dish. My mast is plumb. I used an accurate digital level to verify this. I used the settings from dispointer to set up dish using my exact coordinates. I have an absolute clear LOS to the eastern arc. My problem is that no matter what I did, I could only get around 10 - 13 signal level on 61.5. Sats 72.7 and 77 were at 60+ and they are coming from the correct lnb's.
I tried tweaking az., elevation and even skew but could not get 61.5 any higher signal. I went thru all the transponders on 61.5 trying to get the highest signal. Using a VIP 211K and a 7" TV right at the dish while adjusting it. I know the receiver signal meter lags behind the actual signal so I allowed plenty of time while adjusting. Any ideas what my problem is? Am I doing something wrong? Set elevation at 44.5, skew at 81 and mag. azimuth at 178.

Might want to check the fit of the LNB, and if there is any damage to it.

OK, let me try asking this a different way. I know all three (az.,elev,skew) are important but is there one that is most important to receive all three sats on the 1000.4? I'm thinking it might be the skew ???

Yes. If you've got the other two peaked, the skew is what would drop the SS on 61.5 while leaving the other two OK. Or a bad LNB. :(

Does the SS go up if you change the elevation(looking only at 61.5). If it does then the skew will be your problem. If it never goes up then it sounds like the LNB is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)