Low signal strength on 129

commodore_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Alpharetta, GA
Greetings,
I didn't realize this when I had my installation a few days ago, but the signal strength I'm getting on 129 fluctuates between only 40 and 50%. The signal meter on screen still colors this as green, but I'm just curious if that is an OK strength. I haven't noticed any issues yet when it's rained, but it's just odd to me that it's so much lower than 110 and 119, where I'm getting between 70 and 90% strength. I assume I have a Dish 1000 of some sort, although nothing on the Dish says for sure, the dish says "Turbo HD". Do I need to call Dish and get someone out here to repoint since I have a few months of their protection plan for free? Should I try for this Eastern Arc business I keep hearing about? When I had DirecTV at my apartment even with an 80-90% strength I was losing the HD channels in light rain, so I am a bit concerned...

Check out this thread and compare your readings to others. Depending on the TP, a reading of 40 to 50 is quite satisfactory.

You need to give us more information. Transponder number can vary greatly on the 129. What is the strength on transponder 32?

I have a question for you also, if it's not giving you problems, why would you call in? You'll just get a technician a trouble call, or a subcontractor a chargeback, when you're not even having a problem....:mad:

Thanks, doesn't look like mine are that much different from some of those reported. I'm getting 52% on tp 32. So as long as I don't lose signal outside of a severe storm, I guess that's ok, but if somebody gets a chargeback because this isn't good enough signal to ride out a light shower, tough noogies.

Anyone have an opinion on why signal strength on Ciel2 at 129 is lower than E11 at 110? I know Ciel2 is an improvement over E5, but in general, on Ciel2 I get around 62 on most 17-32 TPs (21 and 32 are higher). I generally get in the mid 80s on E11 at 110. Just curious why the plan wouldnt be to achieve 80s for Ciel2. Perhaps E* is going to increase the strength on Ciel2 after they finish channel placement on all the TPs? I have a general recollection that E11 at 110 TP signal strength increased after being online for a few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)