Low signal strength

Gatesway

Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
Alaska
We are in an RV struggling to get the vip211k and the Weingard SK1000 to get more than a 25 signal strength on 129. Any thoughts?

Is there a process I should follow when we park to set up the dish and receiver? Love some help!

Thanks,

John
Anchorage AK (visiting OH)

make sure you use transponders 17-32 to aim the dish as 1-16 are spotbeams and may not be in the area to get a signal

21 is the best
otherwise 19 & 20 work too

Gatesway said:
We are in an RV struggling to get the vip211k and the Weingard SK1000 to get more than a 25 signal strength on 129. Any thoughts?

Is there a process I should follow when we park to set up the dish and receiver? Love some help!

Thanks,

John
Anchorage AK (visiting OH)

I just came back from a long trip on the east coast and had trouble with the 129 sat in a lot of places due to the low elevation and sight for it. Could not get it at all in Maine and had trouble from Ohio and Eastward. The Eastern Us uses 61.5 for those channels I think?

I just came back from a long trip on the east coast and had trouble with the 129 sat in a lot of places due to the low elevation and sight for it. Could not get it at all in Maine and had trouble from Ohio and Eastward. The Eastern Us uses 61.5 for those channels I think?
No way to pick it up in the NE. You need a 1000.4 for EA. or use a dish 500 for just 61.5 & 72.7 only and don't worry about the locals from sat.

Since I'm using the Weingard SK1000 that automatically finds the satellites, how would dishpointer work? I've used dishpointer and there seems to be no obstructions. However, using dishpointer is difficult with the dish on the roof of the RV.

Thanks for any help...

John

make sure you use transponders 17-32 to aim the dish as 1-16 are spotbeams and may not be in the area to get a signal

21 is the best
otherwise 19 & 20 work too

Iceberg,

Do you mean to select transponder 21 when I do the switchtest on the DN receiver? I've never really understood transponders. As the dish points itself and "locks" on to the satellites, I'm not sure how to manually aim the dish any better.

Thanks for the help!

once you're in the point dish screen (menu 6-1-1) you can actually use the arrow keys and select a satellite and transponder to verify signal

Normally it defaults the the satellite/transponder of the channel you are currently on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)