Low volume using digital out on 942?

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I have an Outlaw pre amp with an Adcom 125x5 amplifier. I find I have to turn the volume to max to get any real volume out of it. I feel it's about 15db down from a well recorded DVD. I notice this mostly on Soundstage and other HD concert events. Any ideas or is it just me? Voom had the same issue but they didn't stay in business long enough for me to ask the question :(

Thanks!
J.

Similar for me

With my receiver (Yamaha RX-Z1) the AC3 feed is definately much lower than the PCM. When it switches from AC3 to PCM it nearly blows my mains if the volume is at a moderate level. I only have an input trim which universally effects all source types for the input (analog, AC3, PCM) so it dosen't help much. I don't have this problem with my DVD player or HTPC when the feed switches formats, so I think its the 942's AC3 level. How's that Outlaw? It looks like a real bargain for the quality.

John
Portland, OR

edgarj said:
With my receiver (Yamaha RX-Z1) the AC3 feed is definately much lower than the PCM. When it switches from AC3 to PCM it nearly blows my mains if the volume is at a moderate level. I only have an input trim which universally effects all source types for the input (analog, AC3, PCM) so it dosen't help much. I don't have this problem with my DVD player or HTPC when the feed switches formats, so I think its the 942's AC3 level. How's that Outlaw? It looks like a real bargain for the quality.

John
Portland, OR

Just for the record, I have a 921 and a Yamaha RX-V1. I experience the same problem as you. It's especially offensive when watching OTA network programming in DD, then when it shifts to local commercials......LOUD! I think it must be something in the way Dish receivers handle the DD signal. :(

The Outlaw is really nice and for the money can't be beat. I may upgrade to the new processor so mine may end up on Ebay:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts