LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

I was confused by the title so I added LSU to the title.

It's not as far-fetched as you might think:

100128_ewu_red_turf.jpg

Eastern Washington installing red turf

Interesting, No mention of a April Fools joke here ...

This article was dated way back in Feb.

Haven't logged in in a while.

There is nothing left except for the flagpole. The city really screwed that one up because we had a 3.5 million federal earmark from senator levin to restore it.

I am as big of a sucker for old ballparks as they come, but from everything that I have read, the neighborhood around Tiger Stadium is the biggest reason that it wasn't saved. There used to be a link to a website called something like "Ruins of Detroit" at the Tiger Stadium page on ballparks.com. I looked just now, and it's no longer there. This page had picture after picture of beautiful old buildings that had been torn down or gutted. The one I remember the best is an ornate old theater that is now a parking lot.

I am not Detroit-bashing. I've never set foot in the city. That's just what I've read.

I don't think my beloved Astrodome is going to be around much longer either.
:(

Haven't logged in in a while.

I am as big of a sucker for old ballparks as they come, but from everything that I have read, the neighborhood around Tiger Stadium is the biggest reason that it wasn't saved. There used to be a link to a website called something like "Ruins of Detroit" at the Tiger Stadium page on ballparks.com. I looked just now, and it's no longer there. This page had picture after picture of beautiful old buildings that had been torn down or gutted. The one I remember the best is an ornate old theater that is now a parking lot.

I am not Detroit-bashing. I've never set foot in the city. That's just what I've read.

I don't think my beloved Astrodome is going to be around much longer either.
:(

Some of the shops around Tigers Stadium were quite interesting, I use to enjoy going there.
Not sure what the situation is since then though, I'm sure most/ many moved away once the team left the area.

Speaking of LSU... Which SEC team will win the national title this year? Alabama returned a lot of good players, LSU as well. Florida however had a huge loss, but also had the best recruiting class in its history.

Speaking of LSU... Which SEC team will win the national title this year? Alabama returned a lot of good players, LSU as well. Florida however had a huge loss, but also had the best recruiting class in its history.

Kentucky ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts