Maddening

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MI_SAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
:mad: Okay, I admit there are more significant problems in the world than this, but I need to vent. It seems that very few companies I buy from actually follow through on what they say they will do.

Most recent case: Bought two R10s from ValueElectronics. Was told they would e-mail me the tracking info right away so that I could schedule install. 24 hours pass and still no tracking info.

So, I e-mail them requesting the info. Another 24 hours pass and still no tracking info.

Today, I call them. Based on my conversation, it seems like they've never been asked for tracking info before. They tell me they will e-mail it to me.

Anyone want to take a wager on how long it will take, or whether my equipment will arive before I get the tracking info??? :no

Your probably one of the first to complain about the service from Value. If Robert sees this post, he will do everything he can to make it right.

That sounds very uncharacteristic of them. Have you called and asked to speak to Robert? He's the go to guy and I'm sure he can get your issue straightened out.

Agree with the suggestion of talking to Robert. I found VE to be extremely professional to deal with and was very happy with the whole install. I called with a question about my order and Robert actually answered the phone and made sure everything was handled correctly. Bought my HD-Tivo from VE and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I haven't called Robert, though it could have been him that answered the phone today. In any event, it's not the end of the world, just a bit disappointing given the glowing things I've heard.

At the end of the day, good service is about managing expectations. I could handle it if they told me they couldn't get to my request for 48 hours because they were busy. Just don't say one thing and then not follow through.

The installer called me two days ago wanting to set up a date. That is what prompted my need for tracking info.

billbillw said:
Your probably one of the first to complain about the service from Value. If Robert sees this post, he will do everything he can to make it right.

Not the first. Do a search and you can find others just like with any other business. Unfortunately these things happen sometimes. Can't be perfect all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts