Maintenance Agreements for 921

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Does Dish offer any type of maintenance agreements on the 921? With all the problems I've read about I would hate to invest $1K and then have it cost me a lot more in the future. Do they have a monthly fee for this as well?

You have a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

You can also get a service plan for $5.99 a month which covers all your Dish Network equipment. But you don't need it until your 1 year warranty is done. (But if you have other euipment in your house you may want to consider it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You have a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

You can also get a service plan for $5.99 a month which covers all your Dish Network equipment. But you don't need it until your 1 year warranty is done. (But if you have other euipment in your house you may want to consider it.

Thanks Scott: You know that Lemonade commercial Dish has about all the nitpicking prices for cable companies??? What am I missing:

Basic Service: 49.99
Second Receiver: 4.99
Locals: 5.99
HD: 9.99
Maintenance: 5.99

Is this Maintenance option something that is widely subscribed to? I ve had my 501 for over a year with no problems but it is electronic with a spinning disk that will wear out. Is the agreement parts and labor repair?

You can also get the $1.99 per month Extended Warranty instead of the $5.99 fee that will do the same BUT has a $25 copay (the shipping and handling fee they mention). The higher cost option includes labor, if deemed needed as well, but most of us can swap out a bad receiver just as easily ourselves.

$2 a month gives me and my 4 PVRs piece of mind at night.

Oops. Didn't get the memo. I knew it was too good to last.

If you have a non-pvr receiver you can probably pass, but any of the PVRs have hard drives which are much more susceptible to harm from jostling as well as hard disk failures NEED it (unless you plan on swapping them before the 1 year warranty runs out).

Even still, $5 is a good deal when you consider that I have 4 PVRs, including two Dishplayers that are on borrowed time as it is (I can't believe the hard drives are STILL going)

I currently have 3 301s and a 508 on dhp with the maint plan.

I will hopefully be receiving a 921 through a retailer tomorrow.

Will the 921 be automatically covered under my existing maint plan?

I figured they would do away with the $1.99 warranty raising the price up on it. I knew that wouldn't last long, too good of a deal. I did not receive a letter in the mail or any indication about this though. Perhaps it will be on the ''emergency'' retailer chat.

That is a good question. I wonder if that would be a way of Dish trying to get out of covering some of the hardware in the future. It should also cover the RCA and JVC units so I would not worry.

I'm not so sure that the $1.99 warranty is not available any longer. I just logged into my dish account and added it. It seems that they would take it off their site as an option if it was no longer available.

Erin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)