MAJOR 6000 829P Bug!!!

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
So I did a check switch under 828P, and as expected I got 3 sats, 110, 119, 129. I am using a Legacy quad into port 1 of a sw21, and port 2 of the sw21 goes to a single lnb on 129.

Okay so my 6000 updated tonight to 829P. I did a check switch, and I get xx xx for the first sat, then 110, 119, and an error message "WARNING ONLY ONE SAT CONNECTED".

Anyone else have this problem? BTW my 6000 was working fine before going to check the switch, channels tuned fine. Then, I checked the switch with 829, and boom, busted...

I really advise if you have a 6000 NOT to check the switch if you have this config, as you might be screwed once you do..

Edit: I hooked my Quad legacy directly to the 6000, and did a check switch, it found it fine. It appears the crack engineers at dish messed up the check for the sw21 3-sat switch check.

No, I didn't. I did try pretty much every combo though. With and without alt. checked I got the same results.

HokieEngineer said:
So I did a check switch under 828P, and as expected I got 3 sats, 110, 119, 129. I am using a Legacy quad into port 1 of a sw21, and port 2 of the sw21 goes to a single lnb on 129.

Okay so my 6000 updated tonight to 829P. I did a check switch, and I get xx xx for the first sat, then 110, 119, and an error message "WARNING ONLY ONE SAT CONNECTED".

Anyone else have this problem? BTW my 6000 was working fine before going to check the switch, channels tuned fine. Then, I checked the switch with 829, and boom, busted...

I really advise if you have a 6000 NOT to check the switch if you have this config, as you might be screwed once you do..

Edit: I hooked my Quad legacy directly to the 6000, and did a check switch, it found it fine. It appears the crack engineers at dish messed up the check for the sw21 3-sat switch check.

It happens to me too,I have a legacy Sw64 to a 61.5,110,119 and last night I having problems detecting my 64 it goes with err problem with multi switch, is also detetcting quad500 110 only 61.5 only .Thank GOD is not my Imagination
I though my switch was passing away. :confused:

Did you guys try removing the satellite feed on the receiver, run check switch, connect satellite feed and run check switch again? This should clear the switch matrix and might get it to recognize all satellites again.

I think a few people have had the switch proplem with the 129 sat. I now on my 811 the 129 option in the point dish screen just disapeared for a day or so even though I could tune to the voom channels on 129. When I would do a check switch the 129 space would have a X. Then all of a sudden it came back. Who knows??

RandallA said:
Did you guys try removing the satellite feed on the receiver, run check switch, connect satellite feed and run check switch again? This should clear the switch matrix and might get it to recognize all satellites again.

Yea I did this after I got the original bad switch msg, cleared it out.. Still same problem. Also tried all kinds of combos, nothing doin'..

Can't wait for 830 to come out :)

Any update on this issue? This week I will be doing my system upgrade and will need to do a check switch on my 6000u. It will be trying to find 4 sats (110/119/129/61.5). These will be coming through a DPP44. Anyone expect the 6000u to hang on this switch check?

My 6000 was hooked up to a DPP44 with no problem redinkel.
EDIT: But I did not see it work on 829 since that was an upgrade that killed my 6000. The DPP44 did work fine on the rev before.

It's been over a week since Dish was going to send me my replacement 6000. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and see if it has the red problem or not. I really think it's a software issue since it appeared for all of us around the same time.

I have been and am currently doing a SW21 4-Sat Legacy with 129. 119, 110 and 61.5. It works fine with 829P. Have 4 Sat and Alt. checked.

It will also do a SW21 4-Sat Legacy with 148, 119, 110 and 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)