Map shows which counties are home to the highest number of excessive drinkers in the United States

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would be interested to see the methodology here. If it is just sales per capita, then there are lots of other factors, such as state taxes or "dry" counties shifting people to buy away from their home county, in play here.

Otherwise, really a cultural map. Very light in places where Mormonism and various evangelical religions are prevalent, highest in area with a large number of German, Scandinavian, and Irish extracted people.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
I call BS on this one. I did Greenville county and Pickens county SC and they come up as very healthy. All the grocery stores have more electric ride on carts than shopping carts. I would say at least 70% of the people here are extremely obese, and I am being gentle.

I call BS on this one. I did Greenville county and Pickens county SC and they come up as very healthy. All the grocery stores have more electric ride on carts than shopping carts. I would say at least 70% of the people here are extremely obese, and I am being gentle.

Maybe they're obese but not drinkers??

I am happy to see that my home county, Sonoma, is a very dark blue. I try hard to keep up that standard! :D
Lived there once. As I recall, a big chunk of the drinking was sampling the local vineyards. Here in Wisconsin it is beer. Lots of beer. Tavern on every block. Beer gardens in all the parks in summer. Huge bidding war for rights to run the bar on the beach on Lake Michigan

Lived there once. As I recall, a big chunk of the drinking was sampling the local vineyards. Here in Wisconsin it is beer. Lots of beer. Tavern on every block. Beer gardens in all the parks in summer. Huge bidding war for rights to run the bar on the beach on Lake Michigan
Sampling the local wineries is a bit different than when I first moved here 40 years ago. In those days you could sample for free. Not any longer, you have to pay for a group of samples. Still, lot's of folks do just that. We have a huge craft beer scene as well. Now, we are even getting craft distilleries as well. :)

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Wisconsin, the land of beer, bratwurst and cheese. Three of my favorite things. :thumbup

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Here in Wisconsin it is beer. Lots of beer. Tavern on every block. Beer gardens in all the parks in summer

St Louis is a lot like that. Appears to be the unhealthiest county in the state of Missouri-

1F7AB441-C989-40EB-A52F-1DFCA294FD96.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)