March 30th, 2004!?!?!?!!!?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
My mother-in-law, who lives in Fayetteville, AR, was understandably excited to find out that starting today, the local channels were available, and she called to order it. She needs the Superdish (which is fine), but was told that the EARLIEST they could hook her up was March 30, 2004!!!!!!

That is 3 1/2 months away!

Simply amazing....

I suggested that to her, and she is going to give it a try.

I've got my fingers crossed for her... :)

She will have better luck setting this up through DISH. The Retailers will not have the equipment until that time. I am in the Springfiled, MO DMA in Mtn. Home Arkanasas. Also a Retailer, we can get the NEW SuperDishes but not the SuperDish UPGRADES. After a week of installing new customers with the SuperDish we no longer need them, Dish moved our local channels to the Dish500.

There is a cheaper no commitment alternative she can have done by a local dealer using a Free To Air Dish (or old primestar dish) and the dish pro 34 switch to get the channels that way.

but you want a good installer that can handle free to air hookups different tech. and little trickier to setup the dish with max signal. Got one here works well (now that I don't need it)

Wish her the best of luck maybe Dish will get their overseas shipment in sooner.

SatelliteGuy said:
There is a cheaper no commitment alternative she can have done by a local dealer using a Free To Air Dish (or old primestar dish) and the dish pro 34 switch to get the channels that way.

What LNBF do you use for Ku FSS that's compatible with DishPro? I have yet to find one.

--- WCS

wcswett said:
SatelliteGuy said:

What LNBF do you use for Ku FSS that's compatible with DishPro? I have yet to find one.

--- WCS

You might call Eagle Aspen about http://www.eagleaspen.com/documents/STK-570F.pdf
It might work.

SatelliteGuy said:

wcswett said:

bcw said:
You might call Eagle Aspen about http://www.eagleaspen.com/documents/STK-570F.pdf It might work.

The STK-570F is an LNB, not an LNBF, and appears to be designed for installation in a feedhorn, maybe on a C/Ku installation. It does not appear to be designed for installation on an offset dish.

Since SatelliteGuy stated there was a cheap way to use an offset type FTA dish with a DP34 switch, I'd like to know exactly what LNBF he would propose using in that installation. I haven't read of any successful installation for DishPro that doesn't use a Superdish... yet.

--- WCS

WCS,
I'm using a P270KU FSS with a Starband feedhorn on a Starband dish. This is a legacy setup. The old DirecPC feedhorn also works. BT AR

I agree with one of the other posters. I just called the local company that installed my dish and he is saying they will be getting the super dishes in a couple of weeks and he put me on his list. I was scheduled for the end of March 2004 by Dish Network.

bcw said:
WCS, I'm using a P270KU FSS with a Starband feedhorn on a Starband dish. This is a legacy setup. The old DirecPC feedhorn also works. BT AR

I currently have two 36" Paraclipse dishes with Pansat 0.6 dB Ku FSS LNBFs pointed at 105 and 121. They're tied into SW21's that are cascaded off a 61.5/110/119 SW64. this gives me one 61.5/110/119/105 outlet and one 61.5/110/119/121 outlet, with room for one additional either 105 or 121. It's all legacy stuff, of course, but the LNBF's could easily be swapped out for DishPro and the lines rerouted to DP switches if a DP single FSS LNBF and DP+44 switches existed.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=20786

--- WCS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)