Masn Hd?

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
I contacted MASN about having their HD channel on Dish, and they actually sent me a response with useful information (I was expecting a form letter saying with the typical 'we are trying to get MASN HD to as many customers blah blah blah'). They said that they have made their HD signal available to Dish Network free of charge, but Dish has chosen not to offer it at this time. Has anyone here with contacts at Dish (Scott) heard anything about them adding this channel in the future? They only broadcast 80 games in HD, so it would be a part time channel...I am hoping that Dish has the room to add it SOON!

BTTT. With the recent rollout of HD, I was really hoping we could get MASN HD. Does anyone know anything further?

This is typical DISH (although locals in the MASN market will blame Peter Angelos as always). Last year, DISH waited until a Friday night about three weeks into the season to turn on MASN.

On my next visit to Camden Yards, I noticed that a lot of DISH Network signage had been added behind home plate and around the upper deck. I immediately wondered if free ad space was part of Charlie's deal to get MASN on DISH.

Maybe if he gets free naming rights for the parks in DC and Baltimore he'll put MASN HD up.

I want to care about this, but I just can seem to muster any enthusiasm. Not sure I can fault Dish for not caring about MASN-HD, if MASN only cares enough to offer not only just a partial schedule (and combine the total of two clubs to make it appear like a large number of games are carried) but to have many of the "HD" games on OTA channels end up just being SD games with MASN-HD bugs on the screen.

I just can't seem to care about this one.

I want to care about this, but I just can seem to muster any enthusiasm. Not sure I can fault Dish for not caring about MASN-HD, if MASN only cares enough to offer not only just a partial schedule (and combine the total of two clubs to make it appear like a large number of games are carried) but to have many of the "HD" games on OTA channels end up just being SD games with MASN-HD bugs on the screen.

Well, a lot of us do care. I'm not sure many of us care that you don't care, however.

Direct TV and many of the Wash/Balt area cable companies provide MASN-HD. But, Dish doesn't. They do provide HD for other RSN's. So, why not MASN-HD?

So do what they do with MASN 2. Just offer it when there actually is a game. If there are not many games it likely will not be a big drain on the system.

Personally I am a Red Sox fan so this affects me only marginally. But I see no reason why the region should not hvae HD versions of the games for two teams.

As for naming rights I doubt it. He was actually offered a deal in Denver but he chose not to bite. And neither city seems inclined to sell those rights today.

BUMP

Any insiders have any new info on this? Thanks.

No new info, but wanted to keep this up on the list.

Perhaps Dish thinks it's doing what it needs to do for the Middle Atlantic Region by uplinking CSNMA-HD. This channel hardly has any programming on it. This issue became more important to me today, when, being a Red Sox fan, I found the TBS-HD feed of the game was being blacked out due to the MASN-SD feed.

What's the best way to get Dish to either drop CSNMA-HD for MASN-HD or just add MASN-HD? :mad:

BUMP

No new info, but wanted to keep this up on the list.

Perhaps Dish thinks it's doing what it needs to do for the Middle Atlantic Region by uplinking CSNMA-HD. This channel hardly has any programming on it. This issue became more important to me today, when, being a Red Sox fan, I found the TBS-HD feed of the game was being blacked out due to the MASN-SD feed.

What's the best way to get Dish to either drop CSNMA-HD for MASN-HD or just add MASN-HD? :mad:

Fans of the winter sports would probably be pretty upset if CSNMA-HD was dropped. While the only thing on CSNMA-HD this time of year is a couple of DC United games, almost all of the Wizards and Caps home contests are in HD. OTOH, MASN-HD will probably be completely off-air from October to April.

There is so little overlap in when CSNMA-HD and MASN-HD are live that one must believe that this shouldn't be an either/or situation for DISH.

Fans of the winter sports would probably be pretty upset if CSNMA-HD was dropped. While the only thing on CSNMA-HD this time of year is a couple of DC United games, almost all of the Wizards and Caps home contests are in HD. OTOH, MASN-HD will probably be completely off-air from October to April.

There is so little overlap in when CSNMA-HD and MASN-HD are live that one must believe that this shouldn't be an either/or situation for DISH.

Seems CSNMA and MASN should consider merging.

I saw a MASN game on WJZ-DT this past weekend. It had the MASN-HD bug on the screen.

Of course the game was shown in SD though.

So the question remains - what is the best way to lobby Dish to carry both MASN and CSNMA HD feeds?

I saw a MASN game on WJZ-DT this past weekend. It had the MASN-HD bug on the screen.

Of course the game was shown in SD though.

I think the only WJZ-DT HD Orioles broadcast was opening day. Other than that, MASN has not let the station used the HD signal OTA.

And yes, anytime the game is on MASN HD the bug on the SD station also says "MASN HD".

I'd be surprised if Dish Network even knows that MASN-HD exists.

DISH knows just on the basis of how many emails I've sent them requesting it. :D

[B said:

Actually, MASN just filed papers against Comcast again. This time it's over not giving MASN access to cable systems Comcast took over from Adelphia in Virginia. These systems were overlooked in the earlier settlement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)