navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
From this link:

"The iPhone is also the gift that keeps on giving: 77% of iPhone owners say they'll buy another iPhone, compared to 20% of Android customers who say they'll buy another Android phone. "

I wonder what the stats would be from those with at least a year of use under their belts.

STOP THE PRESSES!

"Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly said that 20% of Android customers say they'll buy another Android phone. The survey actually revealed that 20% of all smartphone customers say they'll buy an Android phone. "

So what percentage of all smartphone customers say they'll buy an iPhone?

There are other nuggets in that article, not all quite favorable to AT&T.

I was about to say.... I've used Windows Mobile (2006-Jan 2010), BlackBerry (2008-Jan 2010), and now Android (Dec 2009 - present). I have no plans to go back to WinMo or CrackBerry. I have no interest in iPhone since it's limited to AT&T. I love Android.

Sounds to me like the Icrap phone users are 77% nervous about DROID

The rumors I've been hearing are quite different than from the few iphone haters on this forum. What I hear is that Apple is hoping to make a dent into the corporate world with iphone and ipad. So it would seem their target is the BB phones from RIM. With so many BB corporate users who also have iphone for personal the intrusion into that market looks like an excellent strategy for Apple's future growth.

I would love I-phone if it wasn't a closed system. That is my only objection. Does that make me an iPhone hater? So be it. I do like my droid, but I think it's a little underpowered.

What I hear is that Apple is hoping to make a dent into the corporate world with iphone....
Hope dies last...:)

There were at least two articles in WSJ over the last few months that can be summarized:
- reported ATT sales into the corporate market has hardly anything to do with business interest in it and more to do with ATT discounts to their customers;
- iPhone isn't even close to having the features considered a must in the corporate handset market (and mostly annoying to consumers).

Considering the same ATT is getting ready to sell WP7
AT&T claims it will be 'the premier carrier' for Windows Phone 7 -- Engadget
and RIM BB OS6
RIM and AT&T event next Tuesday -- BlackBerry slider and OS 6 en route? -- Engadget
both devices with long corporate history, it is not quite clear what Apple's hope is based on.

The same WSJ articles claimed Apple doesn't have to worry: the number of iPhone fanbois is large enough for at least a few years...

Diogen.

Well I love my Android phone and won't go back the WinMo I had before, even if it were version 7.

I have as much interest in WP7 as in the iPhone - zero.
Both are built around the same philosophy of walled gardens.

But if WP7 doesn't get killed in a shuffle like Kin, I think it has a better chance to
penetrate the corporate market (and take market share from RIM in that space) than iPhone.

Diogen.

Yea am also waiting on WIN7 phones when they are released by Sprint. And most of all, they will be compatible with my $30.00 sero plan.

There is nothing that says it will be compatible with the $30 sero plans. I bet there will be an exclusion for the devices.

Well I love my Android phone and won't go back the WinMo I had before, even if it were version 7.

Ditto. My Droid is magical.... er... wait... no it isn't, its just a really cool, fast internet device that I use for pretty much everything. ;) :)

I must say that over the past couple of years, we've noted that many if not most of our business contacts have been switching to iPhone. Sales critters, mostly. And mostly people moving from "simple" mobiles and not Blackberries. One guy saw one of our salesmen use his iPhone and they drove to an AT&T store and he got one on the spot. I must note that the connection to MS Exchange for the one stop shop approach for calendar, contacts & email seems to be the biggest draw. Even more than the Internet.

I've had both.

I thought the 3GS was the best phone I had ever had. I upgraded to the 4 (for the camera/HD Video). Had Wi-Fi issues and of course the antenna problem. I sent it back.

Needing a new phone and still wanting a decent camera (I take lots of pictures of my daughter on the go), I got a Nexus One (not many choices on AT&T for Android). I am an IT guy, so I didn't have any trouble with it... With that said, having an Android phone with no skin or UI on top of it is like having a small computer. The iPhone is way ahead on music management.

If/When they fix the iPhone, I will probably go back. This is coming from a PC guy, not an Apple fanboy.

I've had both.

I thought the 3GS was the best phone I had ever had. I upgraded to the 4 (for the camera/HD Video). Had Wi-Fi issues and of course the antenna problem. I sent it back.

Needing a new phone and still wanting a decent camera (I take lots of pictures of my daughter on the go), I got a Nexus One (not many choices on AT&T for Android). I am an IT guy, so I didn't have any trouble with it... With that said, having an Android phone with no skin or UI on top of it is like having a small computer. The iPhone is way ahead on music management.

If/When they fix the iPhone, I will probably go back. This is coming from a PC guy, not an Apple fanboy.

Why don't you just root your phone and put on one of a hundred custom roms to get the look and feel you want? There are plenty of good music management programs for Android, although I don't use music on my device; that is what my ipod classic is for.

Why don't you just root your phone and put on one of a hundred custom roms to get the look and feel you want? There are plenty of good music management programs for Android, although I don't use music on my device; that is what my ipod classic is for.

I did... My post was trying to compare stock to stock.

I put the Sense UI on it and I like it. I still think the iPhone is more intuitive as an electronic appliance.

The average user isn't going to root their phone and download a ROM image. In that battle, Apple wins. I am very excited to see where Google goes with Gingerbread.

cditty- Have you ventured into the world of ipad yet?

If you do, you'll find an ipad will add to your mobile needs all that the iphone can't, especially if you hack your phone ( nexus or iphone) for tethering although you could just spend more to get 3G ipad. I'm discovering having the ipad with my PDA phone with tethering, I am wanting for nothing in the field.

my first ppc was a smart phone to me as well. The tmobile wing(htc herald). On win mobile I put a rom it was ok. Then I got the Android G1(htc dream) and I am buying a new android phone when my contract is done. I'm leaning towards HTC evo

I must say that over the past couple of years, we've noted that many if not most of our business contacts have been switching to iPhone. Sales critters, mostly. And mostly people moving from "simple" mobiles and not Blackberries. One guy saw one of our salesmen use his iPhone and they drove to an AT&T store and he got one on the spot. I must note that the connection to MS Exchange for the one stop shop approach for calendar, contacts & email seems to be the biggest draw. Even more than the Internet.

Droid X does the exchange just like Apple. Everyone that gets Froyo will have that feature as well. I had the Droid and used Touchdown because 2.0 & 2.1 didnt support Pin Security. I got the Droid X 11 days ago and set it up with Exchange and Pin Security..

I do have an iTouch but don't see myself getting and iPhone because of the app limitation. Android offers customization and instant apps for anything you want and not what Apple says you can have.

Droid X does the exchange just like Apple. Everyone that gets Froyo will have that feature as well. I had the Droid and used Touchdown because 2.0 & 2.1 didnt support Pin Security. I got the Droid X 11 days ago and set it up with Exchange and Pin Security..

I do have an iTouch but don't see myself getting and iPhone because of the app limitation. Android offers customization and instant apps for anything you want and not what Apple says you can have.

Moto Droid 1 does the same thing, and has since 2.0.1

And for those of us not on Exchange, and living in the google world. then Android can't be beat for its one-stop-shopping of gmail and google calendar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts