Maybe expectations are too high?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I just had my 811 installed last week. It's my first experience with HD. Prior to the installer coming out I bought a $50 antenna from radioshack and put it in my attic. With the 811 I now get the 5 hd pak channels plus 15 OTA (only 11 that I watch). Not too bad. Alternative was to get an OTA hd tuner for $400. I can handle the piecemeal HD offerings by E* as long as the price doesn't jump up drastically. $10/month ain't bad for what they are offering.

Now, the 921 delays are ticking me off a little bit. If the D*/HDTivo unit comes out first I would consider switching.

VU-90XR

VHF/UHF/FM

I was actually surprised at the good reception with it being in the attic. I'm about 30 miles north of Dallas (about 60 miles north of the broadcast towers) and it comes in fine.

I live out in the suburbs of Louisville, out about 30 miles from the towers and I bought the 15-1880 from radio shack for $49.99. I put the antenna in a north facing bedroom and used my interior wiring to run it down to the basment where the 811 is. I am getting all the broadcast networks in HD at 80 to 85%. I would assume that if I put up an exterior I would be near 100% and picking up other stations. Can't wait for a clear night!

-Mark

Once a lot of the HD/digital stations go to full power then there should be more people able to pick up more channels. A lot of people that have gotten satellite in the first place done so because they cannot pick up a signal from their antenna and do not have cable available in their area. A lot of those people if not most would not be able to pick up that HD/digital signal. For those that can it seems like a great offering of HD's, a good start for HD availability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts