Meet Charlie? Lol this was in April's Dish e-newsletter.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
This was in the April Dish E-Newsletter I received:

"Would you like to meet Charlie Ergen, Founder & CEO of DISH Network?
You've seen it on Oprah, on Dr. Phil - now we're joining these TV greats with our own customer experience segment! We want to hear your most original, funniest or moving DISH Network story. If you have a unique story you could be chosen to participate and appear in an episode of "Charlie Chat" and meet Charlie Ergen."

LOL, It would be awesome if someone who frequents satelliteguys could get on a Charlie Chat in person!

They are just trying to avoid taking phone calls from angry customers and SatelliteGuys members. If they can get someone on the air in studio to talk about how great Dish is then they don't need to take phone calls.

This is also the reason why they are doing the cyber cafe.

Funny thing is I know a few people who have sent Charlie some really touching stories and if they win they are going to get on the air and blast him with a hardball. :D

Great. Now we can see what these braindead folks LOOK like as well as sound like.

Just when you thought they couldn't come up with a more boring guest, they prove us wrong.

"So, basically, I was using a 37 cent stamp every month to get my bill paid, and NOW I only have you guys bill my credit card and I don't have to worry about it EVER again!"

Sigh.

Dear Mr. Dish,

I am writing to tell you about a wonderful story having the Dish Network.

Yesterday a robber broke into my house. I grabbed my 522 and hit him on the head just as he tried to shoot me. Your 522 saved my life. And last week when my 322 exploded, the sound woke me up just in time to allow us to get out of the house before the raging tsunami would have drowned us here in the mountains.

You would think it is unlikely that two separate pieces of equipment could have helped us but even more strange is the incident a few months ago when we needed something the carry those beautiful twins that were born to a homeless mother on my front doorstep. I grabbed the dish off the roof, lined it with leaves and used it to hold the children until the ambulance arrived. The mom (my daughter) is planning to have it gold plated with the birthdates of the kids.

Speaking of homeless, thanks to the excess amount of cable left over from the installation, we were able to use it to build a treehouse for my son. He couldn't be happier. Now if that lazy 30 year old would only get a job, we'd be thrilled. Have any openings for managers? He is totally clueless and would qualify.

And cousin Joe wants to say that the DP-34 switch is one of the most veratile boxes he has used. I gave it to him after the tsunami washed away my house and he was able to fabricate a realistic gun from it. It helped him break out of the pen and raise a lot of money at some convenience stores. He also adds his thanks.

Do I get to be on the show? I want to tell my wonderful story and let the world know about my plans to take control of the country with my friend from Mars.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)