Merlin - or Camelot 90210

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The dual episode premier of Merlin isn't over yet, but I have pretty much passed judgment on the series. Once again NBC has taken a relatively fun idea and turned it into a teen-fest (played by 30 year-olds) with shallow apocryphal stories that would have done better as a Saturday morning cartoon. This series is strictly kids' stuff.

I guess I shouldn't expect much from the #4 network that continues to take ideas with promise and either screws them up or doesn't give them a chance to emerge.

See ya
Tony

Well, I tried to Tivo it, but golf ran late, so I missed all of it. And there's no repeats and it's not available online. So I'll probably pass on this show. Not sure how they expect people to actually watch it if it isn't available to actually watch!!!

The dual episode premier of Merlin isn't over yet, but I have pretty much passed judgment on the series. Once again NBC has taken a relatively fun idea and turned it into a teen-fest (played by 30 year-olds) with shallow apocryphal stories that would have done better as a Saturday morning cartoon.
That's probably why they premiered it on a Sunday in June with next to no advertising. Probably gave up on it earlier and just burning off the episodes as summer filler.

Evidently the first series did really well in Britain, so BBC has commissioned a second series. Even if NBC gives up on it and cancels, I'm sure BBC America will pick it up.

I haven't watch it yet, set the DVR to record it (thankfully I saw Golf had ran long, so I padded the second episode with an extra 15 minutes). Probably watch it later this week, and then pass judgment.

Finally watched it.
The first episodes was too much high school drama, but the second episode was better.
I'll check it out again next week to see if it improves.

It is pretty boring so far. It is almost like watching the Power Rangers. Summary of any episode: bad people try something bad, good people won in the end. It is kind of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer but Buffy had better stories. Speaking of Buffy, the King was Giles in Buffy.

Other than the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and a rare sports moment, we have tuned into very little NBC over the years. It seems like they haven't lost their touch (i.e. everything they touch turns to lead and sinks).

here u go l /IMDb Video: The Dragon's Call hope this is ok not sure how 2 post a non live link
Thanks. I did end up watching what Tivo recorded, and the last 15 minutes or so of the 2nd episode online.

PQ isn't great, and neither is the show. I agree with Need's statement. They seem to use the same formula for every episode so far.

Still like the Sam Niell version from a few years back, tho... [ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130414/"]"Merlin" (1998)@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYzNDExNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ3NjYxMQ@@._V1._SX100_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTYzNDExNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ3NjYxMQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX100@@AMEPARAM@@SY140[/ame] It's much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)