Mexican DBS

dbodle

Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
Is there a Mexican DBS service? Do they have a website? Are they viewable from the US? Thanks! :)

Mexican has two DBS service: DirecTV Mexico and Sky Mexico.

The northmost location in the U.S. that can get signals, as I know for years, has been New York. Recently, I have heard of a guy getting signals from Chicago.

The problem is gettting the equipment and the activation. Mexico DBS doesn't have address brokers like Canadian DBS does. Even if you get the equipment, it's very difficult to activate it unless you have friends or relatives living in Mexico...

They don't accept American credit card either...

Update: SkyMexico only works in Florida some of southern texas, and southern california. I have a valid Sky subscription and I brought my box here, tried it on a 1 meter dish using my Sky LNB. No signal when I tried from my home in Atlanta, Georgia. Tried it from my West Coast home, Los Angeles, and was able to get a signal.

That's strange. I think Sky Mexico can easily be received in the southern states, including Georgia and Texas...

Anyway, DirecTV Mexico is no longer available. It went belly up. So Sky is the only service left.

Phone hookup needed?

Credit Card AutoPay in Can?