Miami spotbeam?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
Anyone know if the Miami spotbeam reachs as far north Jacksonville. I have looked at the maps and could not tell just how far the signal goes. I am considering a switch to D* now that E* has to shut down DNS.

don't "move" directv will prosecute you basically is what they told me today. They don't want what happened to dish to happen to them.

don't "move" directv will prosecute you basically is what they told me today. They don't want what happened to dish to happen to them.

They can not prosecute me for anything it is not illegal to move. it is only illegal for the dbs company to knowinly provide the signal. In other words what they do not know wont hurt them.

So the miami spot beam reachs north florida that is good. Not to doubt the poster who says it does when I posted this question at dbstalk I was told the miami spot only reaches as far north as melbourn. I know on E* the miami spot SD and HD does not reach Jacksonville.Ic an move with no problems I have family in miami so a billing and service address would match. I just do not want to buy the equipment install it and then find out the spot does not reach. None of my freinds here sub to D* so I can check the transponders. DOes anyone know if you can check the transponder on an D* receiver. I know on E* receivers you can check the signal strength on one of the menu screens. For example I can check the 119 sat and see no signal on TP 3 which is where the miami spot is located. I can go to best buy and check the location if its possible.

They can not prosecute me for anything it is not illegal to move. it is only illegal for the dbs company to knowinly provide the signal. In other words what they do not know wont hurt them.

So the miami spot beam reachs north florida that is good. Not to doubt the poster who says it does when I posted this question at dbstalk I was told the miami spot only reaches as far north as melbourn. I know on E* the miami spot SD and HD does not reach Jacksonville.Ic an move with no problems I have family in miami so a billing and service address would match. I just do not want to buy the equipment install it and then find out the spot does not reach. None of my freinds here sub to D* so I can check the transponders. DOes anyone know if you can check the transponder on an D* receiver. I know on E* receivers you can check the signal strength on one of the menu screens. For example I can check the 119 sat and see no signal on TP 3 which is where the miami spot is located. I can go to best buy and check the location if its possible.

Yes you can check the strength of individual transponders.

Anyone know if the Miami spotbeam reachs as far north Jacksonville. I have looked at the maps and could not tell just how far the signal goes. I am considering a switch to D* now that E* has to shut down DNS.

try this link...First tune your reciver to a local channel then run a tp test..typically the channels TP will be the one you test on....Look at the tp number then match it ot the color code on the map....That will give you the approximat reach of the MIA. spot...
http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/dtv.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts