GEOSATpro Micro HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slartibartfarst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
I am heading to the UK in a short while, is it worth taking the Micro HD with me, or is it specifically a North American Model.?

I would say yes. There are several questions that are pertinent. Is your power supply capable of 220 VAC and do you have an adapter plug? Their AC plugs should be considered a weapon, quite large compared to the US type. What are you going to use for a display? A TV or monitor. In the event you are using a TV then it will be in PAL, don't know if that still applies with their current digital mode. You could always use the AV input. This brings up the next item; is it the regular AV input using RCA phono type or is it using SCART type. In case of the latter then you should be able to get an adapter in-country. Personally, I would not hesitate to take it along at least you know what you have and how to work it. Make sure to check the LYNGSAT site to see what birds are available. Most likely you'll use SKY or ASTRO birds. You should have a good choice of FTA. Check LYNGSAT before you go to get an idea. I hope that this was of some help. Take some extra F connectors and cable just to be on the safe side. What are you going to use for a dish and LNB ?

Thanks for that quick reply. I was wondering about the PAL/NTSC thing and wondered if that was still an issue with HDMI. As for the SCART plugs, I had forgot all about those hideous things, they are monsters.....lol

There is only HDMI so Composite is not an issue.

It accepts a 12Vdc Power Source so that should be easy.

For the size of the unit, I think I will take it along and just see what happens.

Yes you can take it with you. You can program in any bird you like around the world. Just make sure to have the proper power adapter. You can even download European Sat lists for it.

FTA4PA beat me to it, that is what I get for stopping to go do something. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Cool. Now to give away all my 1m Channel Master Offset Dish's because there is no way they will fit in my luggage.. lol

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts