GEOSATpro Micro not talking DiSEqC to V-Box

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
Just got the MHD up and running in place of my Manhattan. I have it connected to a Vbox-X which in turn goes out to my C-KU LNBF w/built in 22Khz switch. I use 22Khz on the KU side.
But before all that, the Micro won't send any commands to my Vbox for some reason. I have the following in the menu:

DiSEqC 1.0: Disable
DiSEqC 1.2: Disable

Motor Type: DiSEqC1.2

When I assign a motor position, I'm used to the receiver storing it onto the V-Box as it always has with every other receiver I had...is there something I'm missing here?

I'm running the newest posted firmware...first thing I did out of the box.

J

Got to admit I am having this problem with my VBOX 10 as well. Glad to hear I am not the only one!

The microHD however is working perfectly on my KU dish.

I hope there is a fix for this issue soon. :)

The V-Box X is what I have and it has worked fine from day one with the microHD. However I have had problems before with any receiver if the connectors are not screwed in perfect it will not move dish but passes signal ok. or moving stuff around I get in a hurry and get the two cables out out of the Vbox in the wrong one.

Interesting. My micro is running the GBox. And not having those issues. But shouldn't DiSEqC 1.2 be marked "ENABLE"?

sorry, I meant Motor Type: DiSEqC 1.2 is enabled, I thought you were asking about the switch type above that.
So I do have 1.2 selected but no go yet, I just tried a new COAX from the receiver to the Vbox and no change.

My microHD controls my GBOX sometimes, but not all the time. If I change the channel to a channel on another satellite the movie dish box comes on the screen then goes away then I see no signal on the screen. Then if I change to another channel on that satellite it moves a couple seconds after I change the channel.

The VBOX 10 it dosent to anything with it except turn it on and turn it off when I turn the microHD on and off. I can't for the life of me cant figure out why its not working. If I hook it up to any other receiver the VBOX works fine.

Precisely my issue. Except its never moved it. Every other receiver I've had has always worked fine so there must be something up with the Micro talking to them. I certainly didn't expect this.

I would lile to experiment a bit with mine, but my 52" Samsung bit the dust yesterday, (never rains but it pours) My central A/C unit just died today. I was worried that the hornets would take a liking to my AJAK H-H, But I noticed a sparrow moved in instead. LOL Been a fun day.

Up until this point, Scott's V-box is the only report. Maybe with these two reports, we can start a dialog to resolve. We have tested with both the Gbox and the Vbox X controllers without issues and are quite puzzled with this.

Jaray, Did you check out the DiSEqC 1.2 Sticky Thread?
Do the East / West controls move the motor?
Did you reset the motor or using presaved motor positions?
Have you set an East or West limit?
Have you tried the "Recalculate" feature after setting some motor positions?
Does the controller display the the "P" and "C" during the save procedure?
Does the controller display the "C" when calling up a position with the receiver?
Does the controller move to a position number saved by the receiver, but called up with the Vbox remote?

SatelliteAV said:
Up until this point, Scott's V-box is the only report. Maybe with these two reports, we can start a dialog to resolve. We have tested with both the Gbox and the Vbox X controllers without issues and are quite puzzled with this.

Jaray, Did you check out the DiSEqC 1.2 Sticky Thread?
Do the East / West controls move the motor?
Did you reset the motor or using presaved motor positions?
Have you set an East or West limit?
Have you tried the "Recalculate" feature after setting some motor positions?
Does the controller display the the "P" and "C" during the save procedure?
Does the controller display the "C" when calling up a position with the receiver?
Does the controller move to a position number saved by the receiver, but called up with the Vbox remote?

Comments inline:

- read the sticky, mainly deals with sharing existing positions..not my issue
- East/West controls don't move the motor at all
- tried setting new positions but command doesn't get to Vbox
- cant set east or west limit as receiver won't move motor
- I believe I tried hitting recalculate a few times (anything that might wake it up)
- no "P" or "C" displayed on the Vbox
- no reaction on Vbox at all when calling any stored position
- receiver won't save any positions to the Vbox to call up

It really does seem as if the micro just won't talk to the Vbox. Especially the fact that it won't motor it east or west. I'm not too worried about losing the old stored positions in the Vbox, so I'll be doing a complete factory reset on it, but I'd be surprised if that's the issue.

Your results mirror mine exactly.

I did a factory reset on the VBOX and it didn't do any good unfortunately.

I would be willing to send Brian my VBOX to test, perhaps we have a newer version of the VBOX (Mine is only 2 months old) then what he was testing on his bench.

Scott,

Thanks for the offer! That would be a great help! I will email our FedEx number tomorrow.

Our test bench Vbox X is about 1 1/2 years old.

No issues with Vbox VII here. Transferred positions manually into each satellite, but had to remember to turn motor "on" for each one. We are however also using our own circuit for driving the actuator which interprets the VBOX signal through a mechanical relay to talk to birdview's rotary encoder in a high RF environment, so we're not exactly "stock."

In some cases I found when it didn't move, I had saved the satellite position matching the VBOX (when it was used for the Openbox) but had not turned the diseqc ON for motor control on a particular bird's setup screen. I've wondered a couple times if it missed a beat here or there as the dish moved, but its more likely an inaccuracy in my fine tuning and in my memory for what position is what bird. When I retrace my steps I find human error for the most part.

MicroHD firmware is the first upgrade posted on Satguys, had no "factory reset" (should have, I understand) and have had no related issues thus far.

i'm glad for this thread because something drove me nuts a few weekends ago on the july 6th firmware when I installed a microhd at my friend's house.

he uses vbox II for dish positioning and a diseqc switch for selecting port 1 for the C-band LNB and port 2 for the Ku-band LNB. No problem getting the microhd to communicate with the vbox II for dish moving, position fine click east or fine click west, position saving.

My problem was that the diseqc port commands didn't seem to take. On the c-band sats, I used the "Diseqc 1.0" option on the motor/settings screen to say port 1 and on ku-band sats, I used the "Diseqc 1.0" option on the motor/settings screen to say port 2. His motor part is enabled for DISEQC 1.2 motor the way I set it up.

No matter what signal we tryed to tune in, only port 1 was commanded everytime. I couldn't figure out if I set something wrong for a Ku-band signal attempt that didn't cause port 2 to be active or if it might have been a bug.

I still need to try things with my own diseqc switch (sans VBOX II) as I have the same diseqc switch as him and if I do some testing at my house to see if I"m doing something wrong, I have more time to do messing around to see if it's operator error or possible bug.

i'm glad for this thread because something drove me nuts a few weekends ago on the july 6th firmware when I installed a microhd at my friend's house.

he uses vbox II for dish positioning and a diseqc switch for selecting port 1 for the C-band LNB and port 2 for the Ku-band LNB. No problem getting the microhd to communicate with the vbox II for dish moving, position fine click east or fine click west, position saving.

My problem was that the diseqc port commands didn't seem to take. On the c-band sats, I used the "Diseqc 1.0" option on the motor/settings screen to say port 1 and on ku-band sats, I used the "Diseqc 1.0" option on the motor/settings screen to say port 2. His motor part is enabled for DISEQC 1.2 motor the way I set it up.

No matter what signal we tryed to tune in, only port 1 was commanded everytime. I couldn't figure out if I set something wrong for a Ku-band signal attempt that didn't cause port 2 to be active or if it might have been a bug.

I still need to try things with my own diseqc switch (sans VBOX II) as I have the same diseqc switch as him and if I do some testing at my house to see if I"m doing something wrong, I have more time to do messing around to see if it's operator error or possible bug.

Let's keep this thread on the subject of Vbox / Gbox controllers not recognizing DiSEqC 1.2 commands. Switch control with DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1 is a separate process and command set.

We can assume from this post that your friend's Vbox 2 has no issues with DiSEqC 1.2 motor position setting and recall with the MicroHD.

Let's keep this thread on the subject of Vbox / Gbox controllers not recognizing DiSEqC 1.2 commands. Switch control with DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1 is a separate process and command set.

So this comment don't make you look crazy I moved some posts to a new thread....Didn't know my comment was going to generate its on thread.
Anyway carry on. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)