Minneapolis locals out

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, my dad called me and said locals are out. Yes its raining but I had him do a check signal and TP4 110 is at 112

black screen on all Minneapolis locals (2,4,5,9,11,17,22,23,29,45). All other channels work (110 & 119)

I checked weather and Shoreview (where the antenna are) is getting SLAMMED with rain/wind/hail so maybe its a transmitter problem

Checked signal on my 5000 and signal is at 99 (on the old 5000 100 was the max)

Iceberg said:
Well, my dad called me and said locals are out. Yes its raining but I had him do a check signal and TP4 110 is at 112

black screen on all Minneapolis locals (2,4,5,9,11,17,22,23,29,45). All other channels work (110 & 119)

I checked weather and Shoreview (where the antenna are) is getting SLAMMED with rain/wind/hail so maybe its a transmitter problem

Checked signal on my 5000 and signal is at 99 (on the old 5000 100 was the max)

The Dish version of the HD channels have been up and running all night... I did see all of 24 tonight.:D

dajazz said:
My locals dropped around 8:30pm, now I have to find out how 24 ended :(

yep. That was the time they went out
My grandma called me, dropped a couple f bombs because she missed the last couple minutes of 2 1/2 men and said "it better be on by 9 for CSI"

well its not....thank goodness for Starchoice. Recording it for her right now. Then I'll hit the west coast feed for my dad ("do what you did that other day where you saw CSI at midnight")

Msp Ota Ok

Recorded full hour of 24 in true HD with no drop-outs on 9.1 -- 60 miles from Shoreview - another reason Dish is history when Tivo S3 releases.

If you missed 24 last night, here is what you can do....

FOX just added their shows to Apple's iTunes just yesterday. 24 is one of the shows that you can download an episode incase you miss a show. Last night's show has not been posted yet, but it should be soon. That is your only option right now because Fox will not let channel 9 rebroadcast the episode.

welcome :wave Jupiter to Satelliteguys from a fellow Minnesotan :D
(I guess everyone in this thread is from MN) :)

Thanks.... I lurk here often, just never posted.

I believe we run in some of the same message board circles.... College Hockey message board circles that is.

yup my tv went out yeserday as well on dish,direct and bell
damn dish i missed huntig and fishing
starchoice worked though
but i have comcast cable as well, its my first choice as soon as i see raindrops fall

24 wasn't entirely in HD thanks to the weather blob that took up the bottom and left side of the screen for a large portion of the night. I don't know why they can't overlay it instead of shrinking down the broadcast in the upper RH corner.

Thank goodness for OTA (also about 60 mi from Shoreview).....didn't miss a second of 24. I haven't went for locals over Dish yet, but I'm definitely not unhooking the antenna because of this reason.

Peterson came on during a commercial break for a weather update and said that they weren't going to interrupt the program and I said to myself, you damn well better not! They pulled that act during a NASCAR race last year and I about lost it.

Last edited:
Peterson came on during a commercial break for a weather update and said that they weren't going to interrupt the program and I said to myself, you damn well better not! They pulled that act during a NASCAR race last year and I about lost it.
oh you mean Miss "I couldnt predict the weather for noon if I did it at 11:30AM"

I remember when that happened for the NASCAR race...had to flip to another feed (I think I flipped over to StarChoice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)