Missed appointment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wivrrat

Original poster
After 20 years as a DISH subscriber I thought I've been through all their screw ups. I scheduled a appointment for installing the Hopper today. I choose 8 to 12. Here it is 12:10 and no installer. No phone call, text, or email to let me know. Now after talking to a rep, their telling me they won't be here until 1:30 p.m. She offered me a credit which I said yes to. If they screw up, hurt them in the pocket.

Part of their instructions when I made the appointment was they would notify me if a problem occured or when they were enroute. Neither was done.

I've already cancelled DISH internet a few months back, and when I can get some kind of reception for TV at my remote cabin, I will be cancelling their TV service also.

Use to be in the old days DISH appreciated their customers. Use to get free movie's all the time in appreciation for my membership, now its nothing. Corporate GREED.

• Wow
Reactions: LQQK
Don't feel bad. I moved to a new place and transferred my service. The technician didn't show or call. He did something odd the next day after I called Verizon to cancel the visit. The technician called me and said he didn't make the appointment because he was on vacation. I didn't expect that kind of call. I eventually calmed down and had the service installed. It does happen though. Give them another chance!

After 20 years as a DISH subscriber I thought I've been through all their screw ups. I scheduled a appointment for installing the Hopper today. I choose 8 to 12. Here it is 12:10 and no installer. No phone call, text, or email to let me know. Now after talking to a rep, their telling me they won't be here until 1:30 p.m. She offered me a credit which I said yes to. If they screw up, hurt them in the pocket.

Part of their instructions when I made the appointment was they would notify me if a problem occured or when they were enroute. Neither was done.

I've already cancelled DISH internet a few months back, and when I can get some kind of reception for TV at my remote cabin, I will be cancelling their TV service also.

Use to be in the old days DISH appreciated their customers. Use to get free movie's all the time in appreciation for my membership, now its nothing. Corporate GREED.

There's two different subjects in your post. First, the technician dropped the ball on notifying you. Maybe he/she just screwed up, maybe he's just a total screw up and should be fired. Either way, DISH rep tried to make it right for you.

Second, "corporate greed"? DISH, along with most cable and satellite TV providers are just trying to survive these days while bleeding customers. What does what happened to you today have to do with greed?

I guess the OP never considered that an earlier appointment may have resulted in a complete re-install, taking 2 hours instead of 45 minutes. Or a New Connect that had unauthorized cable that needed to be completely rewired. Or a whole host of things that can and do happen to cause jobs to take longer than scheduled. The Tech isn't even allowed to notify you, dish has a computer system called CAW (Customer Awareness Window) that's supposed to auto-update you, however, if the tech didn't adjust the time he was going to be on a previous job that may have taken longer than scheduled, the CAW wouldn't have sent an update.

To the rest of your post, I can only say
settle-down-beavis-how-is-there-no-gif-of-this.png

The Tech isn't even allowed to notify you, dish has a computer system called CAW (Customer Awareness Window) that's supposed to auto-update you, however, if the tech didn't adjust the time he was going to be on a previous job that may have taken longer than scheduled, the CAW wouldn't have sent an update.

Not disputing you, you do this every day. HOWEVER, I've had DISH out twice in the past six months. Separate techs. Each visit they called multiple times to update me on their eta. One visit was early, the other late. They called me on their cellphones and told me I could call them back on that same phone, which I did once. They also each accepted a gratuity from me.

I also got automated texts from the company advising similar scheduling information, although not as timely.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not disputing you, you do this every day. HOWEVER, I've had DISH out twice in the past six months. Separate techs. Each visit they called multiple times to update me on their eta. One visit was early, the other late. They called me on their cellphones and told me I could call them back on that same phone, which I did once. They also each accepted a gratuity from me.

I also got automated texts from the company advising similar scheduling information, although not as timely.
Do you get in-house tech or Subs? I call every Customer, too. The first question on the Cust Satisfaction surveys is did we keep you updated as to our arrival and if the computer's not doing it, I wanna be on top that and not fail that question. But in-house guys are taught not to call. I'm sure some do anyway

Is it the company or the technician?
I've had some really good techs, some ok techs, some medicore techs and one I would never allow ion my house again (who I reported to Dish and told never to send him back).
I would not condemn the company on the basis of one techs performance.

Do you get in-house tech or Subs?

I don't know the difference and didn't ask them. I know they both grew up in the area and live here permanently and work full time for DISH, if that's what you mean.

I guess the OP never considered that an earlier appointment may have resulted in a complete re-install, taking 2 hours instead of 45 minutes. Or a New Connect that had unauthorized cable that needed to be completely rewired. Or a whole host of things that can and do happen to cause jobs to take longer than scheduled. The Tech isn't even allowed to notify you, dish has a computer system called CAW (Customer Awareness Window) that's supposed to auto-update you, however, if the tech didn't adjust the time he was going to be on a previous job that may have taken longer than scheduled, the CAW wouldn't have sent an update.

To the rest of your post, I can only say
IMO, as I customer, I don't care what they had to do before. That's not my problem. I arranged my schedule for them to be here at a certain time. If they're going to show up late, the very least they can do is notify me. I don't care if it's the tech's responsibility, dispatch, or some computer. Again, wherever the failure is is not my problem. Not notifying is showing a lack of respect for the customer. I don't understand how "greed" plays into it, but I would not be happy also.

A couple weeks ago I was on vacation. Two days before vacation, I called a plumber to come out and check my water heater. The day comes and the plumber never shows. I finally call and the guy in charge of dispatch is out getting parts and has to call me back. An hour later he calls and says I wasn't on the calendar. That's funny, I remember talking to you two days ago.

Yes, humans make mistakes. It's better to own up to it than to try to offer excuses. At least the OP got a credit.

Bottom line is wivrrat should have been notified somehow, by someone, of the delay. He wasn't. That certainly isn't his fault.

Bottom line is wivrrat should have been notified somehow, by someone, of the delay. He wasn't. That certainly isn't his fault.

I don’t think anybody is saying that it’s his fault. But things happen. Is it really worth it to get completely bent out of shape because the tech was an hour late?

f83eb1c04dba139c4a32650b68062521.jpg

I don’t think anybody is saying that it’s his fault. But things happen. Is it really worth it to get completely bent out of shape because the tech was an hour late?

f83eb1c04dba139c4a32650b68062521.jpg
You chided him for not considering why the tech was late. That's not the point, and again, certainly not his fault. This thread is going no where so I'm closing it for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.