MLB is allowing the Dodgers to cheat the league

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I would love to sit down with the MLB commish and have him explain how the latest Dodger shenanigans are good for baseball. These kinds of business manipulations are only allowed in baseball. What a great scheme; I buy a team, I sign a number of big dollar players but defer payment, I win a WS, I sell the team at a huge profit and let the next owner(s), or the ones after that, pay the bill (if they can). It's a brilliant scheme considering the TV market is drying up and future revenues are in serious doubt. If a company tried this on Wall Street every Govt agency you can name would be investigating the company, but not MLB, they get to slide. Something not right about that.

I would love to sit down with the MLB commish and have him explain how the latest Dodger shenanigans are good for baseball. These kinds of business manipulations are only allowed in baseball. What a great scheme; I buy a team, I sign a number of big dollar players but defer payment, I win a WS, I sell the team at a huge profit and let the next owner(s), or the ones after that, pay the bill (if they can). It's a brilliant scheme considering the TV market is drying up and future revenues are in serious doubt. If a company tried this on Wall Street every Govt agency you can name would be investigating the company, but not MLB, they get to slide. Something not right about that.
Over 70 years MLB has gotten away with lots of things. Its billionaires paying millionaires! This one will play out strangely for sure! They are the new Yankees!

Over 70 years MLB has gotten away with lots of things. Its billionaires paying millionaires! This one will play out strangely for sure! They are the new Yankees!
They are the new Mets. Will it be boon or bust.

Reactions: AZ.