MLB Package / DishPlayer Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today I was doing some work in my office so I decided to turn on the TV and catch a ball game. I was surprised when I turned to the MLB Extra Innings to see the screen say "To Subscribe Call 1-800-333-3474"

I am subscribed to the Extra Innings package, PLUS MLB is in FREEVIEW MODE!

I couldnt even tune to the channels by pressing the up and down arrow buttons, I could go to them in the guide (they were Greyed out) and select them but was greeted bu the call the subscribe message.

So I called Dish who had me unplug the unit, hold the power button, pull the smart card etc... Each time I did this I needed to wait for the damn DishPlayer to download its listings.

The last time I pulled the smartcard I tuned to the channels (which were still greyed out) after staying on the Call to order screen for 30 seconds the game came in. Of course I looked at the guide and they are still greyed out. But I am allowed to watch now.

The Tech told me that the Dishplayers have some issues with the MLB package and if this problems happens again Dish suggests that I upgrade my equipment :( (GRRRR)

Is this happening to anyone else?

I got all the previews but starting on the 12th I cant get any of the games and I am also signed up. Any ideas???

I have tried pulling card,unplugging and pushing power button. Nothing works. Anybody have any other ideas for getting my MLB games??? I am using a 301 reciever.

I haven't bought the EXTRA INNINGS package yet -- can anyone tell me if they
get all the games are are many of them BLOCKED OUT. I'm mostly interested
in Philly games and I live in western PA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)