Model 1000 receiver question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
YES the 1000 is a Legacy receiver and SD so it won't display HD from the 1000.2. Or do you already have other receivers connected to the 1000.2? If you need a DP adapter you would be much better off getting a REAL RECEIVER.

Depends on the LNB the dish has. If you have a DishPro LNB, then yes, you need an adapter. I am fairly certain you can use a legacy LNB on and switch set with the 1000.2 also.

[edit] of course the 1000 receiver will not get HD channels, but using legacy switches and LNBs there is no reason you cant get locals from most markets and SD channels from the three satellite locations.[/edit]

See ya
Tony

I have a 1000.2 pointed at 110 119 and 129 with a side dish poited at 77 through the 1000.2 lnb with no other switch. Receiver models are 622, 508, and 1000 with a dishpro adapter. I can get signal strength of 90 through the model 1000 on 110 and 119, but all I can get is the acquiring signal error screen and check swictch does not work on the 1000 receiver. It works on all other receivers.

Dish 1000.2 has a DPP33 switch so as long as you have the 622 that you didn't mention in your original post it will power the switch and a DP adapter isn't needed on the 1000. The 1000 won't see any MPEG4 signals from 129 and 77 so it may give you switch problems. If you do get it to pass switch test it should see the switch as a SW64.

If you do get it to pass switch test it should see the switch as a SW64.
That's what my 4900 (through a DishPro adapter) says. But I only have 3 satellites, while the OP has 4. I don't think you can plug 4 sats into a SW64, can you? It has 6 inputs, but each pair carries the opposite polarization from a single LNB, which would be 3 sats max.

SW64 output 2, 3 and 4 can be connected to an SW21 for the fourth sat.
Ah yes. I forgot about cascading switches like that. So, if a legacy 4-sat system is a legal and supported configuration, then why does the check switch fail when connected to a 1000.2 + wing dish?

IIRC the SW21 switch had to be a particular type of SW21 switch. Also there has to be a transponder the receiver is capable of getting. I think all the Conus transponders at 129 are either HD or 8PSK neither of which the 1000 can get. I think only local channels on spot beams are qpsk. Again I could be wrong.

BTW I remember a ton of posts in the existing forums of the time when people were doing this to get 110/119/61.5 and 148 simultaneously.

See ya
Tony

The 1000 does not support the SW21 4-sat solution, so is limited to 3 satellites. It should see the 1000.2's DPP switch as an "SW64" but this receiver is mentioned so rarely I don't know if anyone has had success. I'm now also thinking the 1000 may be on the list of receivers not getting the update to work with the G3 smart cards. Can anyone confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)