More Dish Network Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I just got upgraded to an HD receiver last Friday, and in the process they installed a second Dish 500 with a single lnb @ 61.5°W. This is in addition to my Dish 500 already @ 110°W and 119°W. Today, I decided to browse and familiarize myself with the menu. On looking at "Point Dish" (**VIP 722K**) on 61.5°, I noticed that the quality on the transponders range from 35% to 68% on the 61.5°W. The weather is dry and no clouds over head. Naturally, I called DN Customer/Tech Support. I explained to them how low the quality was, and it would be a problem receiving signals from those transponders with increased rain, cloud or snow. I also pointed out that it seems the Dish was not properly aligned, because a dedicated Dish to 61.5°W shouldn't be getting such low quality reading on a clear day. To cut a long story short, he said they can only send a technician/Installer if I paid $49 and to that I said. NO! :rant::mad: Any suggestions on how to get Dish Network to correct this issue without me paying for it, or me have to go up the roof to do it myself?

** They upgraded me to the 722k because the 622 they brought for my installation was DOA

I just got upgraded to an HD receiver last Friday, and in the process they installed a second Dish 500 with a single lnb @ 61.5°W. This is in addition to my Dish 500 already @ 110°W and 119°W. Today, I decided to browse and familiarize myself with the menu. On looking at "Point Dish" (**VIP 722K**) on 61.5°, I noticed that the quality on the transponders range from 35% to 68% on the 61.5°W. The weather is dry and no clouds over head. Naturally, I called DN Customer/Tech Support. I explained to them how low the quality was, and it would be a problem receiving signals from those transponders with increased rain, cloud or snow. I also pointed out that it seems the Dish was not properly aligned, because a dedicated Dish to 61.5°W shouldn't be getting such low quality reading on a clear day. To cut a long story short, he said they can only send a technician/Installer if I paid $49 and to that I said. NO! :rant::mad: Any suggestions on how to get Dish Network to correct this issue without me paying for it, or me have to go up the roof to do it myself?

** They upgraded me to the 722k because the 622 they brought for my installation was DOA

They're nothing wrong with your signal strengths. Not all transponders will have a good signal on them for your particular area or any other particular area. If someone else wants to go into detail why that is, feel free. I'm too tired to do it.

They likely wanted to charge you because according to their signal thresholds for your area, their is nothing wrong with them.

HINT: Ignore the signal scale going up to 125. That don't mean squat.

yeah the receivers all got a software upgrade that neutered the meter

30 is minimum and 60's are normal

Except that, like the OP, a lot of my transponders on 61.5 are in the 30s, and I get a lot more rain issues with 61.5 than with 110 and 119. I think it's just a crappy satellite combined with crappy beam targeting.

61.5 (and 129) are going to be a lot lower on the horizon than 110 so you are shooting through more atmosphere. Your signal will degrade because of it, so expect your signal on either of these satellites to drop a lot more regularly than on 110. Usually, it won't drop out until below 20, so if you are in the 30's, you're fine unless a really dark cloud comes over.

61.5 (and 129) are going to be a lot lower on the horizon than 110 so you are shooting through more atmosphere. Your signal will degrade because of it, so expect your signal on either of these satellites to drop a lot more regularly than on 110. Usually, it won't drop out until below 20, so if you are in the 30's, you're fine unless a really dark cloud comes over.
No, not from my location. My true south is at 72°W, so lower horizon shouldn't be an issue for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)