More than one dual tuner output in a house

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I have a question that I have not seen answered anywhere

Can you have say 2 522 receivers in your house both outputting on TV2? I would think you could just change the output channel on one so it would not interfere with the other, but I don't have two systems to try it with.

I am talking about using the old whole house cable setup with the various arrays of splitters etc on it, not direct coax runs to the second tv.

Also, since the TV2 output has quite a high power output to accomodate the old cable runs in houses could these two receivers cause problems with one another?

Yes you can.You can change the channel outputs in the modulator setup. Change both tv2 outputs to diffrent channel like one on cable 74 and the other on cable 125. The use your splitters or want ever you are going to use and feed you whole house.

BobaBird said:
You will also want to change the remote control address for one of the 2 TV2 remotes.

Heh, yeah I knew that one. :)

Let me also ask this then,
Is there a way to put a blocker on a coax line to stop the signal from going out? I don't know of any CATV blocks just off-air ones. I am curious because what is stopping say my signal from going back out my cable line to if I am hooked into both systems? I know this is a stretch and I am sure the cable company has something to prevent this on their end, but lets say in and MDU that offers satellite and cable? I could plug my tv2 into the wall jack in the apt and potentially send the signal to my neighbor.

Again, I know it is kinda far fetched, but I am curious.

Not far-fetched at all. Happens all the time, and if you're keeping your house wiring hooked up to an external system, you need to use a signal combiner where the external system joins the house wires.

Oh - and the TV2 outputs have to be attached to the other side of the combiner. That can make the wiring a bit of a hassle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)