More VOOM for Canada

Kryspy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Cablecaster has posted an article stating the the same Canadian company that brought us Treasure-HD and it's own Oasis-HD has now secured licensing for Rush-HD and Equtor-HD.

"The deal covers the launch of Rush HD and Equator HD channels, licensing of Rainbow's extensive HD programming, and builds on a deal signed in the first quarter of 2006 between the two companies that led to the launch of Rainbow's Treasure HD channel, now on the air in Canada. As part of that deal, High Fidelity currently distributes the Treasure HD brand throughout the country, and has access to over 100 hours each year of VOOM HD content."

"High Fidelity will have the exclusive rights to launch two new VOOM HD channels - Rush HD and Equator HD - in Canada. The agreement gives High Fidelity branding rights to the channels and access to hundreds of hours of VOOM HD programming."

Great news for us ExpressVU subs as I look forward to getting as much HD as I can.

I am still waiting for the WatchingPaintDry-HD channel by the way.

Kryspy

Well,

As for cost, who knows. All I know is that if ExpressVU starts charging me more I will most likely go with Dishnetwork at this time next year. Once the two costs become close to equal I will go with Dishnetwork instead and swap my 9200 for a 622 or whatever comes along at the time.

As a Canadian, I don't really care as I am close enough to the border that I can receive all US networks OTA as well as my Canadian ones in HD.

If I am going to be charged for Voom I may as well get it from the US.

Kryspy

Last edited:
Kryspy said:
Well,

As for cost, who knows. All I know is that if ExpressVU starts charging me more I will most likely go with Dishnetwork at this time next year. Once the two costs become close to equal I will go with Dishnetwork instead and swap my 9200 for a 622 or whatever comes along at the time.

Kryspy

Also, the taxes will probably be cheaper for the US ! Taxes...one of the few negatives about going Canadian!

Last edited:
miguelaqui,

I think he's referring to the Dish audit police. I only have two TV's in the house both fed by one receiver; the 9200.

Kryspy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)