MORNING SHOW BLOG POSTINGS...

I posted this in response to Jim's blog post... but will repost it here as well, because I am damn proud of Jim and what he has done!

Congrats on 10 years! I have listened to hundreds and hundreds of radio stations online and no station is as unique or sounds as good as WION!

I wish I could join you for your celebration at the Moose Lodge! And it’s no surprise to me that Jim would take a WION event and figure out a way to use it to help raise money for the people of Ionia.

I was lucky enough to be able to listen to and enjoy WION for a few years before WION officially went online via a special engineer’s line Jim setup for me. When Jim first asked me to humor him and give a listen to his station I never expected to fall in love with it like I did!

I run a very popular website which in good months can attract about a half million unique IP addresses. I loved the station so much that I gave the station their own online discussion forum where people can talk about WION and Ionia. (Although I do wish more people would use it!) and have adopted WION as our official Home Town Station!

SatelliteGuys has enjoyed working together with WION on things like "A Christmas Story" including CD sales and raising money for the Ionia Area American Cancer Society. Yes through its power WION brought in a lot of money from out of town and brought it into Ionia!

I remember I was in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show and Jim called me up as I was walking on the show floor and told me he was looking for a new slogan to celebrate the stations birthday. Without hesitation one popped into my head... "How about "American's Biggest Little Radio Station?"

Jim loved it and I am proud it’s a slogan he still uses today.

Last year we had a SatelliteGuys get together in Ionia and never in my life have I traveled to a place with people as friendly as the people of Ionia. As we drove into town I smiled as I saw "Welcome SatelliteGuys" on the display of my rental car. Everyone we met in Ionia made us feltwelcome and at home. It was the most enjoyable and relaxing time I can remember having. I do hope I will get a chance to go visit again!

I also now also consider Jim an extended part of my family. In the radio business you don't come across owners like Jim who not only cares about paying the bills, but also strives to put out the best quality possible. Many of you don't know how hard he works keeping WION sounding so good. Jim also deeply cares about the community which is something else rare in radio. Jim believes in giving back to the community to help it grow. I also know that Jim considers Bertha Brock Park his own little slice of heaven. I have never heard anyone talk about a park so much, but after Jim took us to the park I can see why he loves it so much.

Finally in closing... to the businesses of Ionia I ask you to support WION. In most of America small hometown radio stations such as WION are a thing of the past. Many small stations that served the community are now gone, replaced with corporate radio stations with DJ's from out of town, with no local personality whatsoever. Other small town radio stations have gone away completely leaving a big hole in the local community. It is said you never realize what you have until it's gone, no other radio station that that is receivable in Ionia has done more for Ionia then WION.

If you own a business and love Ionia and want to show the town your community spirit, please consider becoming an advertiser on WION. I know Jim and his crew have ad packages to fit any budget. It is funny when I went to Ionia as I was driving in Ionia I would look around and point out businesses that I heard advertising on WION. In fact while I was in town I went and went and visited and shopped and thanked a number of businesses for advertising on WION.

Be PROUD of your local station! And be thankful that you still have one!

Congrats to both Jim's on 10 years of WION!

Scott Greczkowski
SatelliteGuys.US