Motel Upgrade from 311 to 211z

Brian Clince

Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Westcliffe, Colorado
I have an small motel of 8 rooms high in the mountains of Colorado. I am upgrading from the old dish 311 receiver to the 211z. All the tv's are now hd flat screens, so i reckon i had to. The gal at dish told me that these receivers may work with the old two node lnb's, though i don't believe so. Every lnb i've seen on an hd format had three dewhickies on it.
Will i just have to replace the lnb and if so what type cause i need to have four outputs per dish cause i currently have just two dishes and lnb's. I appreciate everyone's help on this one. Wish I could just call a company for this but, there's no one within 200 miles, so i've had to learn this stuff on my own.

Thanks

You will need to replace the dishes seeing you will be looking at 3 satellites on the Western arc.. How do you have the receivers set up all in 1 room or a receiver in each of the 8 rooms? You will probably need 8 HDMI cables to connect the flat screens replacing the coax that you can't use for High Definition. You probably should look into Wally's instead of 211Z.

I have a receiver in each of the rooms. Also currently I have two dishes outside with the four coax plugs to go to the top four rooms and the other dish has four to go to the bottom four rooms. Why the WALLY?

I have a receiver in each of the rooms. Also currently I have two dishes outside with the four coax plugs to go to the top four rooms and the other dish has four to go to the bottom four rooms. Why the WALLY?
The Wally is a newer version of a 211, with internet capabilities, although those mostly get disabled on most business accounts. The 211 is a VIP, which Dish will soon be retiring, so a Wally may be all you're offered. Plus, it's smaller and uses VHF for the remote, not IR, so you can mount them behind the TV's if they're wall mounted

Reactions: pattykay and mruk69
Also which model of satellite dish do i order for multiple rooms. would like to hopefully keep it to two for the eight rooms but, it doesn't look that way
100.2 dish and LNBF plus 2 44 switches. I would tell you about Dish's commercial installs, they may have more of what you're looking for. I'm giving you the way a residential install with 8 TV's would be, which is how it sounds yours is now and I've used this way for businesses before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)