motor vs. stationary dish aiming ???

mrohler

Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
when I had trouble getting more than half the tp's on 119 i decided to hook up the 18"er and when i got it locked onto 119 then pointed my 33" on a pm900s to the same they appear to to be pointing ~3deg different the lil dish is further west is it really off that much you think? it tracks all sats
think I set it up wrong somehow? or is it normal for it to seem so far off

NOTE: Thed 18" is directly below the 33" on the same pole

mrohler said:
when I had trouble getting more than half the tp's on 119 i decided to hook up the 18"er and when i got it locked onto 119 then pointed my 33" on a pm900s to the same they appear to to be pointing ~3deg different the lil dish is further west is it really off that much you think? it tracks all sats

If your Mounting arm is NOT perfectly Plumb then any readings of Azimuth and or elevation you have your Dish set at are OFF.

It's quite likely either or of your Dish's are not plumb. This will always make any setting of your Dish wrong so you have to "play" with the Dish to get a signal.

John

mrohler said:

The difference is that your motorized dish is skewing.