Motorized dish and Diplexer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HEXFET

Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Nebraska
Anyone tried this before?

I'd like to run my motorized KU dish and analog cable TV through a diplexer into one coax. The purpuse is to use one run of coax out to my shop about 150 feet away from the house. I would like to have my reciever in the house but the dish is mounted on the shop, also I have anolog cable in the house and would like to have that connected in the shop. In the past I sucessfully had controll of my motor and full access to the LNBs through the diseqc running the two diplexers and combining my anolog over the air signal in the same coax. Will the anolog cable signal be much differnent that the over the air signal I was using in the past? If this will work it will save me about 150 feet of extra coax and I can utilize the diplexers I already own. Any input on this would be great.

Hexfet

If your cable offers digital services and uses the higher frequencies there could be potential interference between the satellite tuner frequencies and the cable frequencies.

Personally, I would never use diplexers due to the signal loss... but probably would if no other option existed! :eek:

I agree.
I ended up running 2 lines to each room for FTA & OTA because the loss kept making channels on OTA drop off (and I'm pretty close to the towers)

I have one of my rooms setup with diplexers and with an OTA input, I don't have cable to test it with but I'm running a Ku dish motor through a 4X1 diseqc and two diplexers and pulling 5 lnb's from the 10.5' BUD, the motored dish works fine and all the C-band signals as well, including the OTA signals feeding the TV tuner. My longest cable run to the BUD is about 60 ft which is much less than your's. Not to disagree with other's but you could always try it your way and see how it works, if it doesn't then just run another line as advised.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts