Mounting on the house

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Azeem

Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Indiana
I have a question for the installers. Right now I have my new sat clamped to a ~2.5" fence post in the ground. I'm not really happy with the way it looks so I'm looking for alternatives.

I noticed Sadoun sent me on those brackets with the arm that sticks up at 45 degrees then bends again at 45 degrees. I've seen these used a lot with the 19" Dish Network but if I build a support box beween the studs to attach it through the vinyl siding, will the arm hold a SD3M12 motor and 31" dish (even during wind)? I want to limit the number of holes in my side of my house but I also want the dish higher off the ground. I noticed most of the example dishes are all using fence posts or the concrete block method.

The wall I want to attach it to does face south, almost directly at my true south sat (AMC3).

I've got a DirecPC dish (39x23) mounted to my deck using one of these and haven't had any issues. We had some real strong winds recently with no issues

Also have a motorized 30" on my roof with one of these...no issues here :)

I can't pole mount in the ground due to the HOA

You should be OK without the stabilizers as your dish should be semi-sheltered from the wind. I would recommend using them but without using the lag-bolts and no holes. After you have your mast installed add the stabilizers and have them as tight as you can up against the wall/ siding. You can use some foam or rubber to make sure they do not mark your siding, I would use them if at all possible, hope this is what you mean!

Thanks to both of you. I have an HOA and don't even know if the pole mounted is allowed. Oops. But I still think I'll mount it on the house (and with the stabilizes.) I will try to put holes in the same row of vinyl siding.

I did get it to work last night and picked up AMC3 and IA5.

Here's a question unrelated...know of any Danish speaking channels? My wife was asking for them after being forced to listen to Arabic for 2 hours *L*

Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I cannot roof mount. We have a walk out basement and a steep roof. 3 stories up is not a fun trip. I want to be able to adjust the dish when needed too. I am going to try and side mount with the stabilizers.

Looks like I will check out those channels.

ALWAYS a good idea to have the dish low where you can get to it, the above channels are only viewable in Europe at the moment, sorry for raising any hopes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)