"Moved" locals.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
So I "moved" to NY 10 years ago. I am in FL. I don't get the local NYC subs because I am too far away. However, I was curious after 10 years, are there any new tricks to possibly get these channels?

Like Juan said, slingbox is a good way to get them. No way to do it from Directv. The locals other than the big four are still on spotbeams that don't get anywhere near to Florida.

Yep ...

Physically impossible to do from DIRECTV's side. The "Moving" trick only works from DIRECTV if you're within the footprint of the spotbeam carrying the locals you're trying to "move" to.

I don't know anything about Slingbox myself so I didn't know one could "move" with it. I hear it's cheaper, so I might do that instead as long as there is recording capabilities (or possibly on-demand to watch all previous shows for a couple weeks and not just select episodes), so would it have any of that?

Are the locals available via the DTV app? That would likely be the easiest way.

A slingbox is just a way of streaming from a remote location using the cable/satellite box there. If you have a friend or relative in NY they could install the slingbox but it likely require them to add an additional tv to their service unless they have a box in a spare bedroom or office that gets very little use since you can't watch one thing and sling another.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)