"Moving" from Tennessee to Iowa?

Buckster13

Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Tennessee
Hi there! I'm both new to this forum and to satellite TV in general. I stumbled across this site when trying to figure out if there is any possible way that I could receive Comcast Sports Chicago broadcasts on my dish here in Tennessee. (I am a big Cubs fans and would like to be able to catch as many non-WGN games as possible this year.) I am currently subscribed to the GOld 250 package and have the RSN deal, but am currently unable to watch any baseball other than Reds and Braves games. I have looked through this forum quite a bit and understand that I might be able to "move" to a location such as Iowa and that would allow me to get Chicago area RSN broadcasts. I am currently set up with electronic billing and I am aware of the risks that are associated with trying to "move." What I am unsure of is whether such a "move" would work, factoring in the whole spotbeam factor (of which I am totally clueless.)

Can anyone possibly shed some light on this subject?

Also, I am curious as to the best method of initiaing such a change in my service address. I spoke with a CSR today and she seemed adamant about sending out a technician to my new/fake address since I am under warranty. Is there a way to change an address without actually interacting with anyone?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer:)

I think you would be able to get Comcast Chicago if you pulled that off. It is on CONUS (not spotbeam) so it wouldn't be an issue as far as receiving the signal.

You would likely lose any locals you have. I don't think our spotbeams would get to you.

Living in central Iowa, I get RSNs for the Twins, Cardinals, Cubs, Royals and White Sox (in that order ;)).

Thanks for the advice, friends! I use an HD over-the-air antennae for my local channels, so I don't anticipate any problems on that end... Any advice as to how I can avoid the human interaction element? I'm such a horrible liar :(

I've never moved but I've read a few threads on here.

One way is to use the chat feature on the dish web site and tell them you've already moved and set everything up, you just need them to update your address and switch your sports.

That way there's no need send anyone out.

You should be careful what advice you give to a new member. Someone that joins and the first thing he asks is how to "move"? A bit suspicious, I think.

I understand the reasons for your suspicions, but there is no reason to worry. The whole reason why I joined satelliteguys was to ask for advice on this topic. This is a great website and, as I am new to the world of satellite, I'm certain to come back here for further advice:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts