Moving to new house that already has a dish installed

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
As my family and I enter the final stages of moving I noticed that the house I am moving into already has a DISH set up (it is at the back of the property line and I didn't know if it was attached to my house or neighbors). If I bring my 722 to this house can I just hook it up? I know there are different dish/lnb (?) configurations. I have been with dish for about 9 years and the new house's dish says "turbo hd" and there are three nubs on the arm of the dish.

I figured I would at least need to give dish my new address (not changing local markets)

Any advice would be great.

I did try searching for this and was unsuccessful

Thanks!

The fact you arent changing local markets makes it sound like the dish at the new place is the same as what you have now so in theory it should work just fine

But after you hook it up, do a check switch to make sure

If it has cabling and you see cabling at the house there is every probability that it will work just fine. The odds of the dish serving a neighboring property would be very small. Bring your 722 and see if it works, if it doesn't simply call Dish and they will make it work for you. You would have to change your billing address anyway.

I've always found when I moved that ultimately DISH had to come out and go to "the new ARC" etc. It was always free (DishMover) but there was always something they had to upgrade. Not a bad thing. But who knows.

Depends on what the previous home owner had. If they had a dual tuner, good chance the master bedroom is working off the living room.
If they had a hopper, then there's a node in the system and you'll need Dish to come out and replace the node with a diplexer and make sure the correct 2 rooms are connected to it.
Also, make sure they have you on the correct arc to receive your locals in HD.

The install should go gravy fast for us installers when we see an existing dish, just depends on the cable quality. I would call dish and have a tech come out so we can tone out the lines and make sure we can diplex it correctly, run a check switch and maybe swap the lnb for fun.

I am unsure why some folks seem to think that diplexers are necessary to the OP. He says he has a 722. He hasn't mentioned OTA at all. It seems all he needs is a Dish (which is already there), a switch, and some coax (all of which probably exist). Unless of course diplex has to do with carrying 2 channels on a single coax going to a separator at the 722....

They're probably talking about diplexing the TV2 channel to a second TV location.

I am unsure why some folks seem to think that diplexers are necessary to the OP. He says he has a 722. He hasn't mentioned OTA at all. It seems all he needs is a Dish (which is already there), a switch, and some coax (all of which probably exist). Unless of course diplex has to do with carrying 2 channels on a single coax going to a separator at the 722....

It's obvious you have no clue how we configure our systems with diplexers and we hardly ever "install" a switch.

BTW, we didn't mention OTA either since Dish doesn't want their techs installing OTA since there is no way to guarantee a stable, consistant signal.

It would be a 1 TV install. It also looks like there is only one TV hook up in the house in the room we want to put the TV.

I appreciate all the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)