MPEG2 HD on 110w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwhite6069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Cave City, Ky
Whats the deal with the MPEG2 HDs at 110? Why are they still there? Aren't they duplicated on one of the spaceway birds in mpeg 4?

They'll be eliminated eventually, they've been working towards getting rid of MPEG2 HD receivers, and when they are confident that most customers have had the opportunity to get MPEG4 (even if they chose not to) they'll probably get rid of them.

So what will DirecTV use the three transponders at 110 for once all the HD is Mpeg4?

I remember installing a Sat "C" kit to get the 110 sat on my early model phase III dish years ago when I got my first HD receiver, those were the days......

Didn't DirecTV get the 110 slots from Primestar? and the 119 slots from USSB?

So what will DirecTV use the three transponders at 110 for once all the HD is Mpeg4?

I remember installing a Sat "C" kit to get the 110 sat on my early model phase III dish years ago when I got my first HD receiver, those were the days......

Didn't DirecTV get the 110 slots from Primestar? and the 119 slots from USSB?

They will probably just quite using them if nothing else is slotted for use there.
They have worked to consolidate things to a smaller arch at the 99, 101 and 103 locations, MPEG4 on the 99 and 103.
I don't think there is any Mpeg2 on the two newer ones, but could be wrong on that.

In all it makes setting up the dish easier as it's a closer range to deal with, as long as your still patient.

Are you forgetting 119 - 110 is between 119 & 101, so it still does have some value.
And 119 is VERY much in use, for some local market SD spotbeams, as well as all spanish & chinese prog. That's why D* still uses SL5, for such markets that also want HD.
There was rumor that D* was going to transition all the internationals off of 95, to 110/119, but that might be up in the air now, in light of Scott's previous post about the future of internationals...

I don't see all internationals going away, just some (unprofitable) ones.

They could always launch more locals (SD or HD) on 110 where they don't have spotbeams available (so probably SDs), but I still think internationals are more likely.

Are you forgetting 119 - 110 is between 119 & 101, so it still does have some value.
And 119 is VERY much in use, for some local market SD spotbeams, as well as all spanish & chinese prog. That's why D* still uses SL5, for such markets that also want HD.
There was rumor that D* was going to transition all the internationals off of 95, to 110/119, but that might be up in the air now, in light of Scott's previous post about the future of internationals...

I would think it more likely, not less, that internationals could be moving to 110/119. If there are fewer, they could/should easily fit there once the other channels have been moved off. Just an uneducated guess on my part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)