MRV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mongo_Slade

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Exactly what does D* do/install for $100 bucks? My DVRs are already networked via my hub and it already worked perfectly during the beta test period. I'm just really wondering what do they do?

Last edited:
They add modules (DECA) that turn the existing coax into a local area network, thus eliminating the need to run separate cat5 to each receiver. I also have mine already connected via cat5 and it works well for me.

Now that the beta period is gone, you'll need to email/call DirecTV to get MRV enabled for you at $3/month.

More info here.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...hnology-directv-ethernet-coaxial-adapter.html

Last edited:
Gets all of your receivers on the net with all their features and MVR all of them as well. If you have physical connection going to the receiver it might limit somethings from working. You got to remember as well having a net connection just to your HDDVR does not get the rest of them on the net just that receiver. The DECA is what allows your net connection to be passed to all of your receivers at once. Your routers do not have DECA thats part of the reason you would need one for the net connection to function. Unless you want to have extra cables net cables going to all of your receivers. DECA the way to go to make sure everything will work the way it suppose to and saves you some time and hassle as well.

My DVRs are networked together with CAT5 cable and a network switch. I just emailed DirecTV and told them I have my DVRs networked together and I used MRV during the beta test and they enabled MRV for free. I just have to pay $3/month for MRV, but I didn't have any setup fee since my DVRs are already networked.

My DVRs are networked together with CAT5 cable and a network switch. I just emailed DirecTV and told them I have my DVRs networked together and I used MRV during the beta test and they enabled MRV for free. I just have to pay $3/month for MRV, but I didn't have any setup fee since my DVRs are already networked.

The only difference is that if you have issues Directv will not support your setup. The $100 fee is to provide SWiM, Deca modules and replace any receivers that is not SWiM capable.

The only difference is that if you have issues Directv will not support your setup. The $100 fee is to provide SWiM, Deca modules and replace any receivers that is not SWiM capable.

Have you heard of any issues on that setup? Thats what I plan on doing.

Have you heard of any issues on that setup? Thats what I plan on doing.

I have heard of no issues. I was using that setup during the beta and many here are still setup that way. I just went the Deca route as I wanted SWiM and they installed a SWiM 16 for my setup. I paid $99 and received over $600 worth of equipment when everything was done.

Yeah DECA the way to go it will get all your hardware on the net and MVR plus all the other feathers without having to have allot of little extra stuff to deal with. This is still new new to allot of installers and are learning still heck my installer I knew personally. He told me ahead of time he was glad it was me that he was doing his first DECA install with these new HR24's so forth. Due to he knew I was IT guy had more of a technical background than your average customer. But I showed him what I wanted done and we installed the DECA it took care of all the net,MVR and everything else. :)

DITTO

Thanks guys that clears it up for me. Guess I'll shell out the 100 bucks that way I can b!tch at them if I have problems :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)