multi satellite, single dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeInAlaska

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Wasilla, AK
I am looking at options for attaching 3 LNB onto 1 meter and 1.8 meter ChannelMaster dishes. I see on ebay this kit:
multiple 6 LNB holder mount bracket for satellite Dish - eBay (item 250468776131 end time Dec-17-09 07:38:57 PST)

Looks interesting, at least it looks like enough pieces are there to make something work out.

I have seen people doing it with 1/2" PVC couplings, and I've seen people doing it with electrical conduit clamps and such. (In both cases attaching to the galvanized tubular LNB support.)

I have heard rumors ChannelMaster themselves made a kit but have a hard time finding any ChannelMaster antenna stuff on the web.

Anyway, it seems like the normal course of action is to jury-rig up a clamp however possible. Do you know of any more off the shelf parts which might make for an elegant solution?

Mike

The major problem here is that the dish is designed with one focal point and people are trying to make it useful for a wider range of focii.

It materially degrades the performance of lnb's further from the central focus.

> Is this dish going to be used for Dish?

Yes this is for Dish Network only.

> It materially degrades the performance of lnb's further from the central focus.

It's the entire principle behind the 1000.2 and 1000.x dishes though (or, actually, do those dish somehow have multiple focal points? is that possible even?

In any case, it works SO good : ) I have a 1 meter Channel Master right now and it pulls a 90 signal for the spotbeams on 110, even though the dish is aimed directly at 119. With a 6 foot dish, it will be plenty hot on all 3 birds, on 110 and 129, with the Dish pointed at 119. Actually I think the signal levels will be absolutely killer.

I just would love a elegant solution before I break out the 1/2" PVC and pipe clamps and conduit clamps.

Kit is cheap

> Is this dish going to be used for Dish?

Yes this is for Dish Network only.

> It materially degrades the performance of lnb's further from the central focus.

It's the entire principle behind the 1000.2 and 1000.x dishes though (or, actually, do those dish somehow have multiple focal points? is that possible even?

In any case, it works SO good : ) I have a 1 meter Channel Master right now and it pulls a 90 signal for the spotbeams on 110, even though the dish is aimed directly at 119. With a 6 foot dish, it will be plenty hot on all 3 birds, on 110 and 129, with the Dish pointed at 119. Actually I think the signal levels will be absolutely killer.

I just would love a elegant solution before I break out the 1/2" PVC and pipe clamps and conduit clamps.

The clamps will work but you have to pull the LNBs out of the case and the neck is too small so you have to use something to increase the size of the neck. Other possible way to do it is hose clamp to hold it on or epoxy. I don't think much of the PVC idea because it may shift as it heats and cools. Even though it is for E* yu might want to come over to the FTA to see different types of adaptions for multi-feed setup we do over there. BTW the dish 1000's are oval so they are designed for multiple LNB's.

We do crack the LNB out of the case for these antenna.

Thanks, I will check out the FTA, I have other questions about noise temp, beamwidth etc its probably a more proper forum for it?

I found out today my 1.8m I'm using on 129W is a "Andersen", someone is selling a 2.4m up here. That would be a really neat 3 satellite antenna eh?

Thanks for your post.

Mike

Dish Networks multi-lnb dishes are focused in the vertical plane but the horizonal plane is flattened out to favor a focal point that is a line from the leftmost to the rightmost lnb, not a single point. This design necessitates a larger dish than a single focal point dish would, thusly the Dish 300 is much smaller than the 1000.2 but they get similar signal strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)