Multiple Dishes (at once)

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I currently have a 811 with one Dish500 installed. With all the other satellite locations out there for E* DBS (61.5, 105, 121, 148, 157) how many additional dishes can one route to one receiver all at once? and what switches would be used? and does any have installation diagrams to share of a multi-dish setup? Thanks you very much! Charles

I currently have my 811 seeing 61.5, 110, 119 & 148 using legacy LNBFs and a SW64 cascaded with a SW21.

If you wait about a month you can get the DP+44 switch which is set up to do a 4-sat set-up from the get go.

We should have more info about the possibility of using it with other switches for additional inputs by next week.

Why not just get a motorised dish then you will be able to use it for every satellite forever, no matter what service the dish will work, they are simple to install and cheap, it beats waiting for an installer to move your dish next time "They" move their service from satellite to satellite, and with the slightly bigger dish you can forget about rain fade!

But you can't "see" all the birds at once and just use the receiver to tune, correct? Do you have any links of some quality deals? Thanks!

PSB said:
Why not just get a motorised dish then you will be able to use it for every satellite forever, no matter what service the dish will work, they are simple to install and cheap, it beats waiting for an installer to move your dish next time "They" move their service from satellite to satellite, and with the slightly bigger dish you can forget about rain fade!

Thats true with a motorized system you can only see one bird at a time (well two if you add a 2nd LNB) but I only watch one channel at a time, but I guess many users want to pick up a few at the same time, it only takes about 10 seconds to motor the full usable ark. Check my website for links to FTA systems for motors all the details are there, as for getting more than few birds at the same time check this link....

http://www.global-cm.net/multifeedsys.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)