Multiple TVs with Dish and Roku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeywheels

Original poster
Aug 20, 2017
Texas
If I am not in the right forum, I apologize… newbie here. This community is awesome and has provided a lot of answers so I thought I would join and post this question.

I currently have a Dish Hopper 3 connected to one TV via HDMI and it is providing a standard definition output on a second TV simultaneously. I would like to connect my Roku Express to be able to be seen on both the main TV and the second TV simultaneously as well. Is there a way to simply connect both through the same coaxial cable that currently goes to the second TV?

it is providing a standard definition output on a second TV simultaneously..the same coaxial cable that currently goes to the second TV.

It would help if you could explain how exactly you're doing this...are you running the composite output of the H3 thru a modulator, to that 2nd TV???

No. Roku's must be directly connected to each TV via HDMI or composite.

Why can't he take the composite video/audio out of the Roku, run it thru another modulator (like I assume he's doing on the H3) on a different modulated channel, & combine thru the single coax cable???
A composite signal coming out of a Roku is NO different than what comes out of any other composite output... ;)

Reactions: joeywheels
It would help if you could explain how exactly you're doing this...are you running the composite output of the H3 thru a modulator, to that 2nd TV???

Why can't he take the composite video/audio out of the Roku, run it thru another modulator (like I assume he's doing on the H3) on a different modulated channel, & combine thru the single coax cable???
A composite signal coming out of a Roku is NO different than what comes out of any other composite output... ;)
Yep, I forgot about about a modulator. But the cheap cost of a stick theses days (not to mention their versatility) makes makes the effort less cost effective and productive if he does not already own a modulator, and the second tv has an HDMI port.

Reactions: joeywheels
Thank you both so much for the information! ( As you could tell, I do not know much about the stuff.) My assumption is I am using a modulator for the output to TV 2.

My reason for asking is because I am bedridden for much of the day and, therefore, whatever my assistant is watching (TV 1) is what I watch (TV 2) while not in my wheelchair. So I was hoping it was possible (a simple fix since we are both illiterate in the things) to possibly attach the Roku Express to the Hopper 3 (pretty much know this is not an option) or somehow to a TV Out (which my TV does not possess). Hence my reason for asking.

Thank you again for the information and I will look into simultaneous broadcast of Roku using two sticks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts