multiswitch for AT9?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

robbiee19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Hilliard, OH
I have the AT9 antenna with 2 H20s and 2 regular receivers. The house is wired for all the bedrooms, main family room and the basement to get hooked up for receivers. So is there a good multi-switch to do this? I would like to add just one more receiver to the whole set up which would bring a total of 5 receivers for the house.

Specifically the Zinwell WB68, the older Zinwell 6802 6x8 is not kaku approved.

Can someone tell me how to cascade two WB68 multiswitches? Really wanted the new WB616 but it looks like Directv is not going to approve it. Probably want you to purchase a Spaun model at probably 2 to 3 times the price which we can't afford on retired pay. Saw some post that all you need to do was to take 4 outputs from the first multiswitch and plug them into the 4 inputs on the 2ND multiswitch. Also saw a another post where you needed some kind of diplexer from the AT9 to each of the multiswitches. Very confusing. Wrote an email to Directv on the subject. They said they "were sorry I didn't want to cascade the WB68s; check my manual from instructions on how to cascade them; and if all else failed, go to the yellow pages to find an installer!! Certainly not the answer I was looking for.

Any help on how to cascade these 2 multiswitches will be greatly appreciated.

Howard Knox

You can't just cascade the 2 switches, but you can put power passing splitters in before the switches as long as the voltages are matched.

Dish>Power passing splitter>13v switch one and 13v switch 2

Dish>Power passing splitter>18v switch one and 18v switch 2

etc for all 4 ports.

To use 2 WB68s

To use 2 WB68s to net 9 - 16 lines I recommend splitting each of the four feeds from the dish using diode-steered power passing splitters rated to 3G and connecting each splitter to the two switches. Keep the inputs in order, i.e. splitter 1 to input 1 of both swithes, splitter 2 to input 2 of both switches, etc. as Teronzhul suggests

These splitters seem to work fine.

http://www.prosatellitesupply.com/hi...splitterX4.htm

Using power passing splitters to drive the two multiswitches is the best solution but you CAN cascade WB68s, it works fine...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)